Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

G400's, Dualhead Tv-out, and revision(s) scenario....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G400's, Dualhead Tv-out, and revision(s) scenario....

I messed around with all of my PC's and made a server/dvd. Now that it's all hooked up, I'm having a playback quality problem, and that is the picture looks like it has a blocky "spreadsheet" look to it, whether it be at the windows desktop OR playing video/3d games.... It does it at 640x480, 800x600, AND 1024x768.
    The video card is a G400 Dualhead 32mb, composite connectior (I don't have anything with s-video). I also tried going directly to the TV, and it didn't help.

Just tried a different composite cable directly to the tv, no difference...

Ok, now this is odd. I just hooked up a G400 Max to it (different computer, but same cable and tv connection) and the "spreadsheet" look is almost gone. (read : barely visible up close) I'm guessing there's some hardware differences between the early revision G400 Dualhead I have (bought it when it first came out), and the G400 Max (newer revision with AGP4x support) I recieved from a friend.

I guess the max goes into my server..... 0.o

Btw, I used the same dualhead tv-out adapter also....

------------------

'spreadsheet look' ??? can you post a screen shot? (hypersnap (?) I think is a dvd screen capture proggy)

------------------
    Cheers,
    Steve

"Life is what we make of it, yet most of us just fake"

Comment

My G400 (32mb, dual head, not MAX) was probably either earlier than yours, or the same, as I got it through the beta testing program long before they were commercially available shows no problems with DVD output. Maybe you just have a screwy card? Have you tried it on another machine?

------------------
      Cheers,
      Steve

"Life is what we make of it, yet most of us just fake"

Comment

Both cards are retail btw.

Well, at least it isn't as bad as the ATI Rage Fury I just played with. The videos looked like they were in 256 colors almost...

------------------

Comment

Working...
        X