still wonder, why they aren't on the "latest" page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• still wonder, why they aren't on the "latest" page

why are the new certified-drivers still not on the "latest driver" page ???

i don't understand this.
    my system:

AMD XP 2000+
    Abit KTA7 (VIA 4.49)
    512MB SDRAM133
    Matrox Millennium G400 MAX (5.91, AGP 2x)
    Windows XP Prof

Because the certified drivers have their own page on Matrox pages. Besides, certified drivers take a long time to become certified.

The latest drivers page is mostly for beta's and new (non-beta) drivers. Remember that not all drivers can become certified, as it takes too long to become certified from Microsoft (they have to test them on a couple of different test-platforms, various Win9x machines.)

Jord.
    Jordâ„¢

Comment

but the certified ones ARE the latest!
      my system:

AMD XP 2000+
      Abit KTA7 (VIA 4.49)
      512MB SDRAM133
      Windows XP Prof

Comment

there it is !!!
        http://www.matrox.com/mga/support/dr...atest/home.htm
        my system:

AMD XP 2000+
        Abit KTA7 (VIA 4.49)
        512MB SDRAM133
        Windows XP Prof

Comment

Yeah, but I guess they don't want it to apper on both pages ;-)
          Matrox Millenium P750 bios 1.3 - 12, P4 3Ghz HT 800Mhz, Asus P4P800 Deluxe, 1Gb DDR400 Dual Channel, Dual Seagate 80Gb S-ATA on Intel Raid level 0, Toshiba DVD-ROM SD-M1302, external Yamaha CD-RW CRW-F1DX on Firewire, Microsoft Natural Elite keyboard, Microsoft Intellimouse Optical, Viewsonic P90F, Viewsonic PF790

Comment

**sigh**

I'll try to explain it once more then

Certified drivers, whether they are the latest drivers or not, have their own page at Matrox drivers, because they are certified. So anyone out there who relies on Certified Drivers, can find them easily on the Matrox Certified Drivers page.

edit: They can only be certified by Microsoft, so Matrox has to send them to MS in advance, for MS to test them on various test-platforms. That's taking too long, so not all drivers will be sent to MS for testing and certification.
            end edit

But Matrox releases other drivers as well. Beta's going on to become new drivers as they are tested by their team of test-drivers , (we call them BB's (Beta Boyz)). They <u>are</u> the latest drivers. One time you see them coming along 3 a month, the other time there's a longer timespan between them.

Maybe Matrox should name that page on their site the "Beta and non-certified Drivers, but I guess that's too long.

What do you think, Haig?

Jord.

[This message has been edited by Jorden (edited 17 October 2000).]
            Jordâ„¢

Comment

Gets confusing everyday

Jorden's explanation is correct up until a few days ago where we decided to include the most recent release in the "latest" section no matter what it is - beta, certified, etc.

Wonder what will happen if the certified gets released after the latest driver but has a lower # than the latest

Haig

Comment

Working...
              X