More G800 rumours

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More G800 rumours

Near the bottom of here: http://www.ixbt-labs.com/editorial/o...2000-news.html

<ul>
    G800 is of course, a different thing. This scalable chip working at
    200Mhz and supporting 400MHz DDR SDRAM is expected to be announce in
    November. And it is likely to sell quite well, actually. Even
    single-chip solutions based on G800 promise pretty fine performance,
    because the fillrate of G800 equals 1.8Gpixels per second.[/list]

As usual, nothing is definate because none
    is official. (Go on Matrox, put us out of
    our misery)

oh no, here we go again!!!

Comment

ya,

same player shot again . A another round in the rumours highway.

This a wonderfull game, full of dreams, and hopes. So enjoy plaing it because when the G800 will be out what will we do ?

I don't want a G800 i want the neverending story of G800's rumours.

Sorry

Comment

G800 will come with an OpenGL wrapper and we'll all have to wait one year for an ICD for it

Comment

Joel
          Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
          Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Comment

and it'll still look better than anything out there
            System 1:
            AMD 1.4 AYJHA-Y factory unlocked @ 1656 with Thermalright SK6 and 7k Delta fan
            Epox 8K7A
            2x256mb Micron pc-2100 DDR
            an AGP port all warmed up and ready to be stuffed full of Parhelia II+
            SBLIVE 5.1
            Maxtor 40g 7,200 @ ATA-100
            IBM 40GB 7,200 @ ATA-100
            Pinnacle DV Plus firewire
            3Com Hardware Modem
            Teac 20/10/40 burner
            Antec 350w power supply in a Colorcase 303usb Stainless

New system: Under development

Comment

I know for a fact that the G800 wont be built on a PCB, all the traces will be replaced by orange wires!

It will be a big round ball of orange wires, with a few memory chips and a core in it somewhere. The wires themselves will act as a heatsink due to the large surface area.

It will also have a 'TLC engine' This wont be Transform, Lighting, and Clipping as some others will have you think, it will in fact radiate love whenever a reviewer looks at the card.

How are those for rumours

Ali

Comment

hey,

do you remember the day of the G200's wrapper with Q2 or Q1 LOL. i keep it on my hd .

Comment

I got this from Aceshardware:

"I just read at C't Online that Samsung has showed the first K4D263238M chip, which is a 250 MHz DDR SDRAM chip, made on a 0.17 micron process.

These 250 MHz DDR chips will offer no less than 8 GB/s bandwidth (on a 128 bit bus) to the upcoming videochips. This superfast RAM chip will be used most likely by the Geforce 3, the ATI Radeon II,the MatroxG800 and the Voodoo Rampage."

[This message has been edited by alessandro (edited 11 October 2000).]
                  Athlon Thunderbird 1.1Ghz@1.2~1.3+GHz Socket A 256Kb,Asus A7V dipswitches,GlobalWin FOP32-1 heatsink,GlobalWin 802 Advance ATX Case, 17" Sony Multiscan 200PST,384MB Crucial PC133 CAS=2,ATI Radeon 32Mb DDR,(Matrox Millenium G400 MAX 32MB 5ns SGRAM),IBM Deskstar 75GXP 15Gb UltraATA/100, Quantum Firebal EL 10.2Gb,Hewlett Packard DeskJet 970Cxi,Epson Perfection 1240U Scanner,Sound blaster Live!,Cambridge Soundworks 5.1,Creative PC-DVD 5X,CDR-RW Ricoh MP7040S@MP7060S(Tweaked from 4x---&gt;6x with no problem),Adaptec SCSI 2920C,Diamond SupraExpress 56e PRO,Iomega Zip Drive.

Comment

these roumors are pointless.

Try searching the forums for "Heywood J'Blome". Our sources confirmed months ago the code name of the new matrox chip, along with all of it's features.

Check it out...
                    System: P4 2.4, 512k 533FSB, Giga-Byte GA-8PE667 Ultra, 1024MB Corsair XMS PC333, Maxtor D740x 60GB, Turtle Beach Santa Cruz, PCPower&Cooling Silencer 400.

Capture Drives (for now): IBM 36LZX 9.1, Quantum Atlas 10KII 9.1 on Adaptec 29160

Comment

You know I don't mind reading the hopefull rumors about The next gen. card for Matrox, but what I do mind is the absence of some real concrete leaks concerning this card! Either it's gonna really going to compete with all next gen. offerings or the silence is a sign of impending doom for Matrox!! It better not be the latter!

BTW: I read that they had simulations of the chip as early as Sept of 99'. Lets just hope there has been tons and tons of revisions/redesigns ect. ect.
                      http://www.skynary.com/winstonco1
                      Not all will capitolize on the webs greatest opportunity!Only the few with a vision!

Comment

Please forgive the off-topic post, but I think Chris, the original poster, is webmaster several of the more venerable manga sites on the web. This includes the famous Ranma 1/2 FAQ.

He's an important member of the online anime/manga community and a good guy.

Sorry about "outing" you on the MURC, Chris. Small world.

Paul
                        paulcs@flashcom.net

Comment

Don't praise me to much, I'll start blushing ^-^

My poor old Ranma 1/2 FAQ, which I haven't
                          updated in *4 years*....

I don't mind the replies - it's kinda what
                          I expected. Still, I would like to see the
                          final specs myself. Waiting is annoying.
                          On the other hand, if the pre-announced it
                          by 6 months, it'd be annoying waiting for it
                          to become available... I don't actually play
                          games much - I'm actually more curious about
                          the sucessor to the RT2000 myself, but I like
                          to play the odd game too...

Comment

Is Matrox ever going to release any info? All this silence is making me nervous

Comment

Speaking for myself, and I'm sure others are in the same boat . . .

Given the quality of the G400, I'm positively dribbling at the thought of the G800. However, my TNT2 is really irritating me with it's crappy quality at high resolution. Needs replacing now . . .
                              If I knew when the G800 was coming out, roughly, I could make the decision to wait if appropriate, but since it's not, I'm either going to have to go a G400 or a Radeon. Blah!

Edit:
                              I had a point here ;-)
                              I think it'd be to Matrox's advantage to give us even the most approximate of ETAs (an overestimate of time rather than an underestimate, of course). Otherwise everyone who's on the verge of upgrading will go something else!

[This message has been edited by Dalbregor (edited 11 October 2000).]

Comment

Working...
                              X