Professional 3D appz and G400

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Professional 3D appz and G400

Will a G400 single head work well with Lightwave 5.6c (and 6.0 wheh I get it) and 3DSMAX 3.1?

I know that the ICD is sketchy and would like to know if anyone has any practical experience using these applications in Win98 (NOT Win2k or NT).
    They work fine on a G200 with the 5.3 drivers. (LW5.6 and 6.x drivers lock up the computer so I stick with the 5.3 drivers)

After 2 years the only major problems I've ever had with a G200 are the messed up textures in Motocross Madness 2. I'm hoping that the G400 can be just as good (games aren't as important to me).

This exact topic was discussed in a thread started by Gurm, called "G400 Drivers Rant (Depressing)". Its a very interesting read.
    http://forums.murc.ws/ubb/Forum5/HTML/009194.html

Comment

Hi D...

The G400 will work with these softwares; apparently, all their 6.xx drivers have OpenGL support.
      The OpenGL support with these drivers are certainly not the best, nevertheless, the overall performance of the card is also affected by the system too...

What I would recommend is you either burrow the G400 from a friend and try it out to see the results yourself or purchase the card from a store (that DeFiNiTeLy has a 30-day return policy) and try out yourself.

This is the only way you will see the exact performance of the card in YOUR system..

When it comes to PC parts, I prefer trying them out in my system first hand and then I'll decide to keep it or take it back depending on the result I get.

(It may be a bit of a hassle, but better safe than sorry)
      EvEeRy OnE hAs ThE rIgHt To Be StUpId, BuT tHiS iS aBuSiNg ThE pRiViLeGe...

Comment

I have been using G400 DH 32MB with Lightwave 6.0b (or something) for a while, without any problems. Some people say that there are some problems with older versions of Lightwave.

Comment

Working...
        X