Win2K - 3D Pipes screensaver does not work, black screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Win2K - 3D Pipes screensaver does not work, black screen

Can anyone else reproduce this problem? Run the 3D Pipes OpenGL screensaver on a G400MAX at 1600x1200x32. All I get is a black screen.

If I disable busmastering for the card then it works fine. Here's my setup:

Matrox Card: G400MAX running at 2x AGP
    PD version: 5.14.033
    MGA Bios version: 1.6-25
    Motherboard chipset: Intel BX
    CPU: P3-800
    Motherboard Bios: Abit BF-6, current BIOS
    Desktop resolution and color depth: 1600x1200x32
    Direct X version: 7.0

Thanks!

Yes, I get the same thing.

I have not disabled busmastering, nor do I plan to. So guess I'll just not use that screen saver.

What it does for me is eats up all my CPU. Moving the mouse does not get me out of the blackk screen. CTRL+ALT+DEL, however, allows me to use the task manager to kill the process.

No explanation other than a bug.

b

My stuff:
    G400MAX running at XX AGP
    PD: 5.14.033
    MGA Bios: 1.5.022
    MB: Abit BM6, BX chipset
    1600x1200x32
    DX 7
    Why do today what you can put off until tomorrow? But why put off until tomorrow what you can put off altogether?

Comment

On my machine, if I let the blank screen sit there long enough, the pipes eventually start. At 640x480x32 it only takes about 5 seconds. At 1600x1200x32 it takes about 50 seconds. At 2048x1536x32 it takes a little over 2 minutes.

While the blank screen is there, moving the mouse does nothing and I have to use the task manager to kill the screen saver. However, if I wait until the pipes start, then moving the mouse dismisses the screen saver properly.

This is with Win2k SP1 on a P3-700, PD 5.14.033 with bus mastering enabled.

------------------
      Mark Veneziano
      Mark Veneziano

Comment

Working...
      X