DVD on G400MAX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DVD on G400MAX

I've been wondering...are any of you running dvds on your G400MAX?

I've just read a article on anandtech and like usual, they are sellouts (the GTS is always the best even though it takes the same CPU usage as a G400).

Like usual they don't give any points for the DVDMAX almost never mentionning it. Is it worth it or should I buy a standalone dvd.

My CDROM needs to be replaced in a little while. Thanks for the info.

Sicna

------------------
    Asus K7V
    Athlon 750Mhz
    1 X 256 megs Kingston PC 133 Mhz CAS 3-2-2
    Matrox G400 MAX
    Soundblaster Live
    Windows ME & 2000 Professionnal

What kind of party is this. No booze and only one hooker. -Bender
    Asus K7V
    Athlon 750Mhz
    Matrox G400 MAX
    Soundblaster Live

What kind of party is this. There's no booze and only one hooker. -Bender

DVDs play fine on a MAX. Image is better than any other I've seen.

Comment

The image is near perfect and it works without a problem, you should definately not be afraid to try this out!!!

Greetings
      Jesper

------------------
      System:
      Asus A7V rev. 1.01p bios 1004.a
      AMD Thunderbird 800@800
      SBLive retail with liveware 3.0
      Matrox g400 MAX
      LG Flatron 795FT 17" monitor
      IBM 13.5 GB 7200 hdd
      Pioneer 103-s dvdrom
      Win98 1.st edition
      directx 7.0a
      128mb pc133 cas2 from Memory Card Technology
      System:
      Asus A7V rev. 1.01p bios 1011
      AMD Thunderbird 800
      SBLive retail with liveware 3.0
      Matrox g400 MAX pd 6.51
      LG Flatron 795FT 17" monitor
      IBM 13.5 GB 7200 hdd
      Pioneer 106-s dvdrom
      WinME
      directx 8.0a
      384mb pc133

Comment

Not to mention the extra functionality that Dualhead gives. Forget getting any respect for intangibles like image quality from these FPS Junkies, and image quality is just about all that matters with DVD.

Greebe's juiced up Athlon @750 on an MSI Irongate Based M/B Marvel G200 TV with HW/DVD Daughtercard,
        CDBurner, Creative DVD, two big WD Hdds, Outboard 56K modem
        Parallel Port Scanner, Creative S/B AWE 64 (ISA), and a new Logitech WebCam (My first USB device)

Comment

Thanks to all

I think I'll offer myself a new DVD drive for Christmas.

What should I aim for in terms of speed? I have a 32X and to me it's more than enough.

Do any of you have recommendations for the dvd drive?

And do you prefer to view it on the screen or a tv plugged on the dualhead?

Thanks

Sicna
          Asus K7V
          Athlon 750Mhz
          Matrox G400 MAX
          Soundblaster Live

What kind of party is this. There's no booze and only one hooker. -Bender

Comment

Your monitor is going to look much better than your T.V. unless you have a data grade projector or hi-res T.V. with RGB input. It is a little tough to get the family to cozy around your monitor but if its just you viewing the movie and you can get comfortable, go for it. I watch on a 45" RPTV which is located in another room. Some day soon, I'll upgrade it to HDTV.
            Pioneer makes some great front slot loading DVD drives which are very convenient. Are you running IDE or SCSI? If you don't want to purchase a fast CD drive as well, I would look for the fastest CD speed on the DVD drive. Movies only play at 1x and there's hardly any other SW delivered on DVD, but this is changing slowly.
            <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

If you also burn CD's, get a Toshiba DVD drive - they can read virtually any kind of CD/DVD, even the ones with protection schemes like SafeDisc, flawlessly and fast.

If you're NOT burning CD's, I recommend Hitachi DVD drives. While they aren't the fastest on the market, very little DVD software will actually USE that spiffy 8x rating - and the Hitachi drives are nearly silent and have low seek times.

- Gurm

------------------
              Listen up, you primitive screwheads! See this? This is my BOOMSTICK! Etc. etc.
              The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
              If only life were as easy as you
              I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
              If only life were as easy as you
              I would still get screwed

Comment

Working...
              X