Newbie with ??? planning on getting MatroxRT2000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie with ??? planning on getting MatroxRT2000

Hi, I'm interested in purchasing the Matrox RT 2000 for Real Time editing and a whole lot of features i currently don't have. can people email me with their phone numbers if they are pretty knowledgeable about this system.

I want to ask also: Do you think I should purchase MAtroxRT2000 now or wait until Premiere 6.0 comes out?

my email is jting88@hotmail.com

I went through the process of deciding between the RT2000 and the DV500 a couple of months ago. In the end I decided on the DV500 mainly because I use Windows 2000. If you are happy to stick with Windows 98 then the RT2000 is the better choice.

Paul

Comment

I have been speaking to the Matrox video Group recently and they say the RT2000 Winmdows 2000 support will be available soon, of course no definate dates.

Comment

I read over on Matrox's RT2000 forum that Premiere 6 isn't, and will not be compatible with the latest, or next version of the RT2000's drivers. Not confirmed, but it seems a little strange nontheless.

Comment

Hi Ant,

When Matrox use "Windows 2000" and "soon" in the same sentence then it is a fair bet they are speaking in geological time frames.

Paul

Comment

Paul,

You must have forgot that Matrox was the FIRST out the door with drivers for windows 2k (except for the ones included in win2k ). Of course there were "leaked" drivers sporadically for nvidias, but they were hard to find, and didn't work.

I think you just like to bitch

Rags

[This message has been edited by Rags (edited 12 October 2000).]

Comment

Rags,

It's only with the most recent releases that we have started to see some decent Windows 2000 drivers from Matrox. I'm not sure what universe you were in around Feb 17th, but the drivers released were terrible, and Matrox was certainly in no hurry to fix them.

Matrox's mainstream video editing cards faired even worse (which of course is the context of this thread), continuing a long tradition of poor NT support for these cards.

Which Matrox video editing card would you suggest NT/2000 users purchase, aside from robbing a bank to buy the DigiSuite stuff?

Paul

[This message has been edited by PaulS (edited 12 October 2000).]

Comment

Hi Paul,

I agree with your choice of DV cards for win2k.

As far as the win2k drivers go, apart from the ICD being very shaky and no monitor customizations, I found the one from the get-go to be pretty solid. Of course they have improved it with every release, and the betas are continuing with that trend, too.

Rags

Comment

Working...
                X