RR-G & G400 Max & Athlon - PLEASE HELP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RR-G & G400 Max & Athlon - PLEASE HELP

Can someone please help - Matrox UK support can't !

My set-up

Asus K7M
    98SE
    Athlon 550Mhz
    128Mb
    Promise FasTrakk 66 Raid with 4 & Maxtor hard drives
    G400Max

5.30 and 1.51 vid tools

Now on my 2nd RR and still no joy !

I get a green square with a rag-rug pattern in the top - if tuned I get sound but no picture. Then I played around and it worked for a week - now its gone back and I can't work out what I did !! (aaaaahhhhh)

Throughout all this time the remote control in full size has never worked - the buttons don't appear I have to use mini remote on top of the video display window.

I've tried full un-install etc.

Has anyone got ANY ideas. I AM DESPERATE !!!

I don't know about your log-cabin quilt effect, unless it's related to the driver issues that I'm trying to catalog with the data collection form.

The lack of buttons on PC-VCR has been recorded many times here, and it seems that this happens only when you install video tools into a directory other than the default. So you can workaround this by uninstalling your VTs and reinstalling them into the default directory

Comment

This (the picture not being there, only sound) sometimes happens to me. What works for me -- I go to channel 99, then channel 4 or something that i should be able to tune into, and then back and forth and whatnot. Eventually, the picture pops up.

If all else fails, sacrifice a goat. Maybe that'll help.

Good luck.

Comment

Thanks - now got my buttons back !!!

Still no picture. I think it stopped after media player said there was a video settings problem and I let it correct it ( doh !). Does that give any clues.

It's driving me mad that it worked and then stopped.

Any more clues. Is Hague there as well ?!?!?!

Comment

Working...
        X