Will G800 support RR-G ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will G800 support RR-G ?

Thinking of getting the RR-G for my G400DH 32MB. Will the G800 support the RR-G?

I am a gamer, so will upgrade to G800 next year.

You're serious?
    The G800 isn't even announced yet, no specs have been released. Nobody would know if it supported the RR-G or not.

However, I don't think the G450 does.
    Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

The G450 does not support the RR-G, so Matrox's next card is unlikely to support it either. With the Marvel G450eTV Matrox have shown they are moving away from MJPEG capture - another reason the 'G800' is unlikely to support the RR-G.

Chris.

Comment

Highly unlikely.

------------------
        ------------
        ------

Comment

What is RR-G?

Comment

RR-G = Rainbow Runner G-Series. A hardware compression based video capture card that piggy backs the G200 and G400.

------------------
            Cheers,
            Steve

"Life is what we make of it, yet most of us just fake"

Comment

Is it worth to get the RR-G now?

Can RR-G capture in MPEG2? What software?

How is MJPEG compare with MPEG2 (quality/file size)?

Comment

Altho this question can be answered here, the Desktop Video forums are here for answering that type of question specifically.
                "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                X