ASUS A7V
    Duron 700
    128MB PC133
    SBLive 1024
    G400 MAX 32MB DH
    DVD AOpen 1040
    IBM 35GB
    CDW HP 7100
    (I only change the MoBo and CPU from SOYO + PIII 450)

+ Win2k and I dont now The way how is possible change IRQ for some hardware in Win2k. Everithing is on IRQ 9 (GFX, SOUND, ACPI, USB and ATA100) and is imposible to change (in Win2k). I try set it handy in BIOS but result after boot W2K is the same. I have W2K about half year and I working as programmer (I think, I am not big lamer except my English), anyway I am not able change IRQ 8-)

Please tell me (if it is possible) how can I set my IRQ.
    Thanx to all !

more spec.:
    G400 is in AGP 8-)
    SBLive is in PCI nr. 3
    ASUS A7V ||| Duron 800@1070 ||| TITAN Majesty -> cooling unit ||| 256Mb PC133 ||| G400 DH MAX ||| SB Live! 1024 ||| IBM 25Gb ||| HP Writer 7100 ||| DVD AOpen 1040 (flash Pionner) ||| Win2k
    -------------------------------
    Only one thing is missing in my life. Save button. (bad English I know...)

Ah, you've had Win2k for a year and are a programmer, yet you've never heard of ACPI?

Just poking fun. It's normal, relax. It's supposed to be like that.

- Gurm

------------------
    Listen up, you primitive screwheads! See this? This is my BOOMSTICK! Etc. etc.
    The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
    If only life were as easy as you
    I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
    I would still get screwed

Comment

Half year, GURM 8-) and I never care about IRQ. But now I want tune my copm up and I heard that is wrong have all in the same IRQ and GFX on IRQ lower then 10.
      ASUS A7V ||| Duron 800@1070 ||| TITAN Majesty -> cooling unit ||| 256Mb PC133 ||| G400 DH MAX ||| SB Live! 1024 ||| IBM 25Gb ||| HP Writer 7100 ||| DVD AOpen 1040 (flash Pionner) ||| Win2k
      -------------------------------
      Only one thing is missing in my life. Save button. (bad English I know...)

Comment

W2K handles interupts differently from Win98. You won't have any interupt conflicts with ACPI and W2K managing your hardware. What you heard is true about Win98 and previous versions of Windows.

("Don't worry.......Be happy")

Comment

To change the IRQ of your soundcard you will have to move it to another PCI slot!

------------------
          Join the MURC SETI team! | SETI @ MURC
          According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

Guru, stop confusing him! He's using ACPI so all his IRQ's will ALWAYS be 9!

- Gurm

------------------
            The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

Comment

You can change it, only you will have to use different windows kernel. Can't give directions (don't remember them, also it's wrong ;-).
              Matrox Millenium P750 bios 1.3 - 12, P4 3Ghz HT 800Mhz, Asus P4P800 Deluxe, 1Gb DDR400 Dual Channel, Dual Seagate 80Gb S-ATA on Intel Raid level 0, Toshiba DVD-ROM SD-M1302, external Yamaha CD-RW CRW-F1DX on Firewire, Microsoft Natural Elite keyboard, Microsoft Intellimouse Optical, Viewsonic P90F, Viewsonic PF790

Comment

Arsa, how to do it? Simple a complete reinstall of the OS. Now stop posting to a thread and mucking up a no problem situation, OK.
                "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

If his mobo/drives do not support ACPI then it COULD be a problem.

Marwyn, if you notice anything flaky going on such as crackling sound, weird video activity, or anything else acting strangly with the devices that are using the same IRQ then you need to switch to standard.
                  C:\DOS
                  C:\DOS\RUN
                  \RUN\DOS\RUN

Comment

I'm pretty sure that I've seen situations (in w2k) where moving pci cards around fixed a problem (e.g., conflict between usb mouse and sblive) even though all of the irqs were the same and did not change. I'm not sure how to interpret this - I suppose the proof is in the pudding.

Robert Inkol

Comment

Yes you can arrange IRQ assignments in Windows 2000. The specific answer to your questions can be viewed here http://support.microsoft.com/support.../Q252/4/20.ASP

I would suggest that you read the entire article, its only one page, but pay particular attention to the last sentence of paragraph three under "More Information"

Rodney

Comment

He doesn't have a problem. Was just wondering why they were all on the same and unless you know WTF is going on in the here and now with OS's, anyone with experience would think this is a problem. Heck even tho it's always reccommend to use IRQ's above 9 for graphics, I've run G400's at IRQ 3, 4, 5, etc without a single ill effect what so ever. I do not know everything, but be sure of one, at least I know when enough is enough. So I'll ask this. What makes you think there is a problem based on his post? Huh, I'm waiting...

while your pondering that have a read.

------------------
                        Designer of the first commercial Athlon mod.

beta system
                        3000 mips, 1.172 gflops @ 900 mHz 1:3 latency w/ active cooling
                        CPUmark99 75
                        FPU Winmark 4890

G400Max
                        3Dmark 99 Max (8x6 16, 16, triple) PD5.41, Athlon@850mHz

now running a G450
                        "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Unless you are having some specific probelms, I would not worry about the IRQ sharing. I also have the Asus A7V with an 800MHz Thunderbird running WinME with severals devices sharing IRQs without any ill affects.

Joel
                          Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
                          Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Comment

He isn't having problems - or at least he didn't say so. He simply asked how to move around IRQ's under Win2k in ACPI mode, and the answer is you don't.

Yes, you can reinstall your HAL. Why you would do this unless you NEEDED to is way beyond me though.

- Gurm

------------------

Comment

Of course if you don't have any problems using ACPI then there is no reason to change. If your mobo/hardware does not support ACPI then you are going to have problems. I've seen it. I've built dozens 2000 computers with ACPI problems back when 2000 first came out. Haven't seen an ACPI problem for a while now tho so it seems that FINALLY most computers are compatible. Almost every problem is fixed by a bios update too.
                              C:\DOS
                              C:\DOS\RUN
                              \RUN\DOS\RUN

Comment

Working...
                              X