Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yikes! More competition!

http://www.ixbt-labs.com/news/#970853171

Originally from rage3d (but they don't have a nice table :-).

Wow, if ATI really executes on this roadmap, things will look pretty tough for the G800 (and everyone else)! *

-AJ

*{If one ignores 2D quality and driver stability, though _supposedly_ ATI is getting better}

Trying to figuring out what Matrox is up to is like tying to find a road that's not on the map, at night, while wearing welders googles!

There is no freakin' way they can meet that schedule....

amish
    Despite my nickname causing confusion, I have no religious affiliations.

Comment

Yes, it does sound way too aggressive. But, I don't know if ATI has been building out their R&D capabilities lately, that might account for some of the loses (increased expenses). They probably don't want to be in the same boat as 3dfx! They probably have more resources than Matrox or 3dfx (Nvidia's pretty deep, engineering wise), so they may well be gearing up for a serious fight.

-AJ

Trying to figuring out what Matrox is up to is like tying to find a road that's not on the map, at night, while wearing welders googles!

Comment

Seams a little too aggressive to me too. They probably have the cash to employ a lot of engineerers, but they'll need a damn good organisation to make quality products in that time.

Comment

I don't think that it's impossible. Surely they started working on the Radeon II way before the Radeon was even announced. Plus it's probably just an enhanced Radeon. I think that going from the Rage 128 to the Radeon was the big jump.
          Salmonius

Comment

Working...
          X