Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scary pic of G450, check the orange wire

http://www.avault.com/hardware/avscr...troxg450&num=1

Looks like a majore screw up to me? What do you guys think?

Dave
    Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

It's a patch, nothing more, nothing less. It looks scary because it's orange. It won't hurt you, it's just a little wire, don't worry. There.
    P3@600 | Abit BH6 V1.01 NV | 256MB PC133 | G400MAX (EU,AGP2X) | Quantum Atlas 10K | Hitachi CDR-8330 | Diamond FirePort 40 | 3c905B-TX | TB Montego A3D(1) | IntelliMouse Explorer | Iiyama VisionMaster Pro 17 | Win2K/NT4

Comment

Nothin scary about it.
      It's a simple ground strap to the heat sink.
      Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Yeah, I got an orange wire on mine - I think it's cool! Gives the card some character. Hey - they got a newer one to me - my screw head hasn't been painted black!!

All it is there for is coz some OEM's PC must have been very 'noisy' (electrically) inside and the heatsink acts as a great aerial...

And my screen's perfect - God - I bet they didn't even test the card on a different monitor. (Or they kept their mobile phone next to the screen!)

------------------
        Cheers,
        Steve

"Life is what we make of it, yet most of us just fake"

Comment

What has me PO'd...

In our testing, the board did indeed exhibit what appeared to be power fluctuations during use. There was a consistent, though not ever-present 'moire like' effect, particularly when we used the keyboard and mouse. This effect was so noticeable that it caused considerable eye strain after only a short while. When the user took their eyes off of the screen and focused on another object in the distance, the strain dissipated, but returned immediately upon viewing the screen again. This occurred regardless of resolution, color depth or refresh rate.
          but then goes on to say...

2D Performance and Quality: 2D performance is outstanding. The screen is crisp, clear and fast in all resolutions and color depths. Many games, such as Baldurs Gate II, Diablo II and the SimCity franchise are still 2D applications at the core, and for those games the G450 will not disappoint.
          OK now that's just plain fickle! Make up your mind boys!
          None of the BB's have seen this problem. And to which I'll add, moire is induce only by the monitor and or image (quality) displayed.
          "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Hmm... sometimes I see "static" on my monitor when using my mouse a lot (vanilla 16 mb g400, Sony 200PS). Maybe I need to find some orange wire

-AJ

Trying to figuring out what Matrox is up to is like tying to find a road that's not on the map, at night, while wearing welders googles!

Comment

Yeah, Kruzin, I was going to say that it looked like a ground wire, but I couldn't tell exactly where it was connected on the heatsink or chip.

amish
              Despite my nickname causing confusion, I have no religious affiliations.

Comment

Working...
              X