Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I am happy with Matrox's current Windows 2000 drivers.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am happy with Matrox's current Windows 2000 drivers.

Am I alone?

• Box 2:
    • operating system: FreeBSD 4.1
    • CPU: Intel Pentium 60
    • memory: 32 MB
    • hard drive: Quantum Fireball 1 GB

legalize

me too... now if they could only fix that last bit of texture flashing in Q3A, I would be more than happy

Comment

I'm fairly happy as well. Haig hinted that SMP might have been fixed as well - has anyone tried out Q3A SMP yet?

- Gurm

------------------
      Listen up, you primitive screwheads! See this? This is my BOOMSTICK! Etc. etc.
      The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
      If only life were as easy as you
      I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
      I would still get screwed

Comment

Yes, this version is good, but UT crash sometime and I receive exception in MainLoop() function ??? Is posible get error in mainloop() when I change GFX driver ?!? I think NO (maybe some bad message is generated by UT 8-) ) .
        ASUS A7V ||| Duron 800@1070 ||| TITAN Majesty -> cooling unit ||| 256Mb PC133 ||| G400 DH MAX ||| SB Live! 1024 ||| IBM 25Gb ||| HP Writer 7100 ||| DVD AOpen 1040 (flash Pionner) ||| Win2k
        -------------------------------
        Only one thing is missing in my life. Save button. (bad English I know...)

Comment

Yep, The 2000 drivers are good especially when they redid the ICD . Good but slow.
          C:\DOS
          C:\DOS\RUN
          \RUN\DOS\RUN

Comment

i'll second that!

even with the problem i observed(..i posted a thread on it), it is a minor annoyance.

i reverted back to 5.03 and the problem went away...i reported it at the bug report forum at matroxs' site and then reinstalled the 5.14 drivers, they are stable.

cc

Comment

I tried SMP once with Q3 and went from 31.3 fps to 36.1 fps. Renderign problems abound though, so I am back with using r_smp 0.
              Porsche: MSI K7N2-L, Athlon XP 2100+, G400 32MB DualHead, 1G RAM, 2xMaxtor 20 GB, Gentoo Linux
              Quicksilver: HP Omnibook 500, PIII 700 MHz, 512MB RAM, 30GB, RedHat Linux 9.

Comment

Kewlcat,

Am I correct in assuming that you have the SMP working with the 5.03 drivers? Are you magic, or is your computer from an advanced alien civilization?

- Gurm

------------------
                Listen up, you primitive screwheads! See this? This is my BOOMSTICK! Etc. etc.
                The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
                I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
                I would still get screwed

Comment

I have 1 prob with these new drivers.

I usually switch off the show quickdesk icon next to the clock option. However, it wont remember every time i set it and so the icon is always there!!!!

Never had that problem before!!

Comment

Matrox is aware of this.

Rags

Comment

Waaaaaah I'm not happy at all.... but i'll save that for the Gaming forum

Comment

The new drivers (both W98/w2k) are running very stable here and seem to cure at least some of the OGL probs.
                        But I still have two probs:
                        1. The performance is lower than the PD5.52's. I'm only getting 2900-3000 3DMarks (it's lower in "real" benchmarks as well...) instead of nearly 3100 I had with 5.52. I'm not quite sure, if it is possible to disable VSync, btw. Tried the reghacks and the new Matrox TweakUtil, but Vsync seems to stay on.

2. and way more annoying: I can't change my monitor-settings in Win2k, it keeps teling me I have to select a Monitor first.
                        But I HAVE selected my Iiyama VisionMaster MF8617 in the Windows-settings...
                        But we named the *dog* Indiana...
                        My System
                        2nd System (not for Windows lovers )
                        German ATI-forum

Comment

I can't change my monitor-settings in Win2k, it keeps teling me I have to select a Monitor first.
                          But I HAVE selected my Iiyama VisionMaster MF8617 in the Windows-settings...

Same problem with the same monitor ...

Greetings, Lars

Comment

It (w2k 5.14) fixed the windows pipe screen saver problem I posted previously ... Rob_b
                            pentium III @550mhz
                            intel 440BX pci chipset
                            512mb memory, g400max,
                            cybervision C70 monitor
                            win2000 on maxtor 8.4 gb

Comment

Definitly the most stable driver so far. Performance is still lagging behind win98 drivers and I donĀ“t really realize why.

Comment

Working...
                              X