I had every single G400 problem that has ever been reported:

- AGP 2X not working
    - Busmastering causing stability problems
    - OpenGL problems EVERYWHERE
    - Overheating of the chip
    - Driver and registry problems
    - IRQ conflicts
    - SB Live! conflicts

I finally resolevd every single last one of them: I bought a GeForce2 MX. For now, this card is doing everything I did with my G400, only faster, cooler, and more stable.

Every OpenGL game works, every D3D game runs faster and looks better, and I don't have to even worry about performance in Windows for christ's sake (busmastering disabled on the G400 is basically like running some ATI piece of shit).

I suggest those of you with problems on your G400 to replace it. There's no point in struggling with inherent hardware problems that there are simply no easy fixes for.

When the G800 comes out I'll certainly look into it, but if it has as many problems as the G400, there'll be one less Matrox fan. I've owned everything from the Millenium II, Mystique, G200 and G400, and I've had enough with the problems!

LOL so you couldn't figure out to get to run and instead of taking the time to resolve the problem you bought something else. Big deal. This is a non official Matrox site and this is a Matrox hardware only forum. So while your post doesn't have a thing to do with us, it also doesn't belong in these forums.

(and you wonder why they call them nVidiots?! Geesh

Here you are whining and proclaiming when we could give a flying flip less.

Go away bait.

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

- AGP 2X not working

Never had a problem with this here.

- Busmastering causing stability problems

- OpenGL problems EVERYWHERE

Some stability problems initially, but I resolved them. HL runs wonderfully now.

- Overheating of the chip

- Driver and registry problems

None here to speak of, apart from v6.x drivers not working on my system for
      some strange reason, but since everything is already working perfectly for me with
      v5.52, this is a non-issue.

- IRQ conflicts

These problems are usually between the keyboard and the floor, sir. Never had
      a problem with this here.

- SB Live! conflicts

Your fault, for buying a Creative sound card.

Umm, enjoy your GeForce MX, I guess... bye.

------------------
      C.K.

Comment

I would say something but it looks like everything has already been said.

Have fun.

Joel
        Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
        Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Comment

inherent problems.....BWAHAHAHAHAHAAAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!

The only problems that are inherent in your case, are the ones that exist between the chair and the keyboard Seriously, though, you are amongst a minority that can't get the G400 to work, that should tell you something

Rags

Comment

What is he speaking about?

Never had any of those problems on my 'puter.

Ah, life is tough for some people

------------------
            "Il est toujours intéressant de parler avec quelqu'un d'intelligent"
            Dostoïevski

AMD Athlon 500(@750), Asus K7M, 196Mb PC100 SDRAM, Matrox G400MAX, Sb Live and a lot more toys and gadgets.

Comment

Never had those problems...

Comment

Never had a hardware problem with my G400, the ONLY problems I ever had with it were driver problems of course. I finally dumped it because it was waaaayyy to slow for what I do with my computer. I require high performance and plenty of features. I also wanted an excellent OGL ICD..so I bought a Geforce 2 GTS 64. The G400 is fine for what it is but it really can not compete today.

From 21.6fps in Quake 3 1024X768 32b to 76fps in NT5. I'm very happy.

Also for all you Murcers who like to bash the Geforce. I've had no problems with my Geforce AT ALL.
                C:\DOS
                C:\DOS\RUN
                \RUN\DOS\RUN

Comment

i used to have all those problems when i first got my g400. turned out that i needed to upgrade my g400 drivers so i downloaded the latest ones and it worked fine.
                  AMD Athlon K7 750MHz
                  Asus K7V Motherboard
                  384MB PC-100 SDRAM
                  20GB Maxtor 7200RPM Hard Drive
                  30GB Maxtor 5400RPM Hard Drive
                  Generic DVD-ROM
                  IDE-CD ReWritable-2x2x6x
                  SB Live Value
                  Matrox Millenium G400 32MB
                  SMC EZ Card 10/100 (SMC1211TX) (Network Card To Cable Modem)
                  3Com EtherLink III ISA (3C509b-TPO) (Network Card To Network Bridge)
                  Windows ME
                  6.20 G400 Drivers

Comment

I find this useless commercial for nVidia completely baseless.

pchoi is claiming to have had all of these problems, and struggling to fix them.
                    Yet he/she/it has a whopping total of 12 whole posts to these forums.
                    12 posts indicates only the weakest atempt to solve these alleged problems. Maybe if he had a decent number of posts and a few threads where I could see some effort to solve the probs....but he doesn't.

So, in my view, this is just another case of someone who's insecure about their new purchase, and feels the need to justify it to himself by slamming his old hw, when we all know perfectly well that if he had more than 2 operational brain cells, any and all of these problems could have been overcome.

Enjoy you new card...you'll certainly find plenty of nVidiots around the net in other forums to share your short-sighted, uneducated views with.

**clink**
                    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Here we go again...

Comment

we obviously have some sort of conflict here. irqs would be helpful. LOL

Comment

COOOOOOLLLLL !..Im happy for you !..but I like my G400 toooo muuuuuch & NEWER HAVE ANY PROBLEMS , still GforceGTS is a hell of performer but MX..well I dont knowe..

Iv noticed that VIA chips makes it wery dificult for G400s ..but oncce everything is setup right it works like hell with all nice functions like bussmastering AGP2/4 only you need the latest VIA drivers & latest G400 drivers , latest bioses..& the things runs..yess !

my friends has such probys but after makeing like I said before everythings cooll now & thei are HAPPY too

nice playing with your new TOY !
                          PIII650@806(fsb@124),ASUS P3B-F,128mb,Matrox Mill-G400 32SH,SB.Live!vlue ,IntelliMouse Explorer

Comment

Working...
                          X