Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

G400DH max. Pls help! or better give up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G400DH max. Pls help! or better give up?

Hi guys and thanks a lot for reading this.
    I am desperate and don't really know how to focus my problem.
    Perhaps any of you have got the same mobo, system or whatever and can lend me a hand.
    I've got a common system such as:
    Epox MVP3G5 mobo with 64Mb PC-100
    Ram (1 module), K6 III 450Mhz (nothing is overclocked), SB AWE64 ISA, PCI SuperTV Card, CD-ROM 24X and 2.1 Gb HD.
    O/S: Windows ME

Problem: All is ok with windows usual VGA but system crashes and hangs on with Matrox G400 running on. Sometimes our friendly protection error blue message on screen, others sytem simply hangs on. And also you cannot see the shutdown message and it stands on all the time until you press the power button.

I shall appreciate your best advice on:
    How should I make a clean Win ME installation, which drivers should I use and in what order ?
    With my mobo I was given a CD with some stuff, drivers, etc... Should I also install them before taking any action or id does not mind? Please step by step so that I can try it my best.

One thousand thanks to you all for your kind help.

Jimmy (Scanhell).

I do believe you will need to install the via 4 in 1 driver pack(should be on your cd) before installing matrox drivers.

Comment

yup, you definitely need the 4 in 1 from VIA AND a BIOS update for your motherboard. your problem is not related to Matrox.

Comment

Check out the following link and see if it helps you any. I know it's Win98 but there may be some there that may help. I will be redoing this system very soon with WinME and other than reformating and installing WinME clean, I'm going to leave all the other settings as is and see what happens.

members.home.com/gilchrist.joel/index.htm

Joel

[This message has been edited by Joel (edited 23 September 2000).]
        Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
        Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Comment

Thanks a lot Joel.
          I shall try it asap. BTW, What is registry hack, where can I download it from and why should I disable VSync ?
          Sorry for stupid question but I have got no idea on this matter and am pretty interested in knowing its meaning.
          Again thank you.

Jimmy (Scanhell)

Comment

Please do a search on these items and you'll find your answer.
            "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Basically what I do there is to edit the registry adding a parmeter that disables VSync. Bascially what that means is that the video card will refresh the display when it wants to instead of waiting for a monitor cycle. This can sometime cause graphically glitches referred to as tearing. With it enable there is less of a chance of that but your frame rates are limited to the refresh rate of the monitor. In other word if your refresh rate is set to 85Hz your frame rates will never go above 85fps.

Joel
              Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
              Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Comment

Working...
              X