Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

why is the new driver NOT for G200 Mystique?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• why is the new driver NOT for G200 Mystique?

Why,oh why...

It is, it is!

Instead instead of running the Setup program, install install it manually.

I unistalled my old drivers install Windows' Standard PCI Adapter (VGA) driver first. Then I went to Device Manager and selected Display Adapter. I expanded it, selected the device, clicked on Properties and then the Driver tab. I then clicked on the Update Driver button and pointed Windows to the folder I had unzipped the drivers into.

I was given a large selection of cards to choose from. I selected

Matrox Mystique G200 AGP

in the language of my choice. Windows didn't like this, and informed me that I was installing the wrong driver. I installed it anyway, and everything seems to be fine. I haven't tried anything fancy with it.

I had checked out the INF, and there's also an entry for "Matrox Mystique G200 Video AGP." I tried that as well, and it seemed to work. God knows what the difference is.

Good luck, good luck.

Paul
    paulcs@flashcom.net

Comment

Works fine here. It's a known matrox-trick, I've done it many times on my w2k rig and G200.

I've installed those 6.14 drivers over the 5.55 (or whatever it was before) on the Mystique G200 in w98 I'm using now.

Leaves me wondering why the Mystique isn't officially supported by the setup... Guess it has something to do with WHQL certification. But it's nice they left an option open to install them anyway. I like that.

Comment

Working...
      X