PowerDVD 2.55(620) and latest drivers for G200

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PowerDVD 2.55(620) and latest drivers for G200

Anyone tested PowerDVD with Matrox G200?
    It seems nobody uses G200 anymore... I asked Cyberlink and posted questions in Matrox forums, no answer.
    What is the problem? I was glad with PowerDVD (which I use for playing VideoCD-s on my PII-300 computer) and the quality of the image on my G200 but the latest driver shows a very bad image in the PowerDVD video window, with big pixels like in old DOS 3D games. This is happening both in Windows 98 and Windows 2000, this situation started with a beta release of a Windows 98 driver and I hoped the final drivers will be OK but nobody noticed this issue.
    Now I'm using WinDVD but PowerDVD was faster.
    I don't want to switch to old drivers (in Win2000) because they didn't allow me to customize refresh rates.

PowerDVD 2.55.0620 works great with my G200 and the latest 6.x drivers.

Comment

Originally posted by Spooon69:
      PowerDVD 2.55.0620 works great with my G200 and the latest 6.x drivers.
      Mine worked too, but with previous drivers. The problem that I described appears only at the 1024x768 screen size. Very strange...
      Is your PowerDVD working well with MPEG-1 files also? I noticed bad sync. between sound and video on some mpg files (that Media Player or WinDVD played correctly), so I think PowerDVD needs some bug fixes.

[This message has been edited by Gix (edited 23 September 2000).]

Comment

Working...
      X