Registry Leftovers from Matrox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Registry Leftovers from Matrox

I replaced one of my MAXs with a GTS card a while ago. Recently I decided to search my registry for Matrox references.

In this Win98 installation, there have been numerous Matrox cards. All of them were uninstalled to the best of my ability. Even so, I found 10 - 15 references to Zoran, G200, and Matrox within the registry. I guess these references did not cause problems, but I am a neatness freak and just thought I'd let you all know. This kind of thing may be causing some people problems.

Brian

When's the last time you reinstalled Windows ?

Comment

I never reinstall unless there is a problem. My motto is: If it ain't broke, .....

In answer, maybe 8 mo or so.

Interestingly, I have never had a G200 installed in this computer...

[This message has been edited by Brian R. (edited 20 September 2000).]

Comment

... don't fix it

Comment

It SOUNDS broke. Format 'c' and repost in the morning (east coast dst)
          amd k62-350 @400 - tyan trinity 100AT 1590s - 128mb sdram - wd 10gb 5400/u33 - g200 8mb sgram agp - sb16pro isa - Realtek 8029 NIC -

Comment

What's a c?

Comment

Try C:

Comment

Someone else format their C:, not me.

Comment

I've never reinstalled Win98 in the year and a half that I've been running it, and I use it extensively on a daily basis. I'm not a neatness freak when it comes to removing SW. I'll run the uninstaller and make sure the directories are removed but I don't aggressively manipulate the Registry and I don't remove shared files that Windows says are no longer shared and may be safely removed. There might be a small bit of bloat, but I have too much invested in my data and environment. I do perform backups ... just in case.
                  <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

Check

Comment

i always find the following command usefull:

detree /s /y windows

(syntax may be wrong as it dont work in 2K!)
                      The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

I'll answer in addition to Turbo. I bought a Herculese Prophet II 64 MB. I like it alot, but I miss the display quality of the G400 MAX it replaced. No comparison at 1600 x 1200 or greater.

------------------
                        800e PIII @ 950 MHz (1.70 V) w/Tennmax P3 TF heatsink, ABIT BE6, 2X128 MB Mushkin PC133 (Mosel REV2 PC133 222) + Hercules Prophet II 64 MB, CL SB Live, Netgear FA310TX NIC to ZyXEL Prestige 314 router, IBM Deskstar 34GXP (13 GB, 7200 rpm ATA66) HD, Adaptec AHA2940 w/uw SCSI, IBM Ultrastar 9ZX 9.1GB 10K UW SCSI HD, WD Enterprise 4360 4.3GB 7.2k UW SCSI HD, Pioneer 303s SCSI DVD, Plexwriter 8/4/32A, Win2K all in a modified Supermicro SC750A case, also Sennheiser HD-600 headphones, Sennheiser DSP360 Dolby processor, and a Shure FP22 headphone amplifier.

[This message has been edited by Brian R. (edited 22 September 2000).]

Comment

I think its a good idea to reformat once in a while, especially if you install/reinstall a lot of stuff.

BTW, nice headphones, Brian

[This message has been edited by Liquid Snake (edited 23 September 2000).]

Comment

The really strange thing is that if you swap out a Matrox card, Powerdesk will continue to load and suck up resources.

I take it this is deliberate since the icon itself won't appear, and, after all, how hard can it be to terminate if a Matrox card isn't installed?

Comment

LS - I agree about that if you make numerous changes. I don't, in general.

I think the headphones are wasted on me. Need to listen to some great recordings with them. All I do is watch movies and play UT

BTW, the DSP360 Dolby unit kicks butt.

[This message has been edited by Brian R. (edited 23 September 2000).]

Comment

Working...
                              X