Blurry Second Monitor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blurry Second Monitor

I have had this G400 32MB DH (OEM) for quite a while now.
    The second monitor has always been a little blurrier that the Primary monitor.

I have tested other monitors and they are blurry too.
    My primary monitor is beautiful.

I accepted this as a symptom of sharing 1 RAMDAC (not that I know what that means).
    Recently I was chatting with someone online who mentioned that his second monitor was perfectly crisp on his G400.
    This leaves me wondering if my card is screwed???

Does anyone else have a blurry second monitor, or is your monitor perfectly in focus?

When I had a second monitor attached to my MAX, the second display was very clear. Can't speak for the vanilla. Should be the same IMO.

Comment

Have you tried swapping the monitors over on your G400?

If so, does the blurring switch as well, or does it stay with the previously blurry monitor?

If the blurring stays on the same side when you swap the cables over, maybe you have something near that monitor that could cause interference.

I run dual head on a 32MB G400 (not MAX) at work, and both monitors are crystal clear.
      Phils PC Mods - a rough guide

Comment

I’ve run a few more tests and it seems I may have wasted your time with this post.

Normally I have an ADI G66 19" as my primary monitor and a Mag DX1795 17" as my 2nd.

I also have an Optiquest Q71 17". For a short time I was using it as a secondary monitor and it was blurrier than the G66. I built my GF a new system with a 16MB G400 SH and gave her the Q71. To my surprise the Q71 looked better on her system as the primary monitor than it did on my as the secondary.

I took her old Mag DX1795 and hooked it up as my 2nd monitor. I didn’t expect much from this monitor since I already knew it was crap. So in-order to do my test I stole back the Q71 temporarily.

At the moment I have the Q71 as my Primary monitor and the G66 as my 2nd and the Q71 is blurrier than the G66. In-fact the G66 looks good as ever.

It would seem that:
        a) the Q71 doesn’t like my system
        b) I am out to lunch an shouldn’t be wasting your time
        c) the Q71 doesn’t actually look better on my GF’s machine it only seems that way because it’s not next to my G66
        d) all of the above

Thanks for your help guys.

Comment

Working...
        X