No announcement yet.

Problem with Athlon's/Win2k/G400's....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with Athlon's/Win2k/G400's....

http://www.tech-report.com/

I don't know how real this problem is, but here you go.

amish
    Despite my nickname causing confusion, I have no religious affiliations.

Answer is in forum "General Hardware" ( microshit hack for Atlon + W2K and G400 or GF2 MX )
    ASUS A7V ||| Duron 800@1070 ||| TITAN Majesty -> cooling unit ||| 256Mb PC133 ||| G400 DH MAX ||| SB Live! 1024 ||| IBM 25Gb ||| HP Writer 7100 ||| DVD AOpen 1040 (flash Pionner) ||| Win2k
    -------------------------------
    Only one thing is missing in my life. Save button. (bad English I know...)

Comment

A Windows 2000-based computer may stop responding (hang) when you use an Accelerated Graphics Port (AGP) program such as Ziff Davis 3D WinBench 2000. This behavior may occur more frequently depending on the computer's processor, memory, and graphics configuration. This problem is known to occur with Nvidia GeForce 256 and Matrox G400 video adapters on computers with AMD Athlon processors. This issue is not specific to any specific video adapter type.
      An issue has been identified that could result in the corruption of video data shared between AGP graphics adapters and AMD Athlon™ or AMD Duron™ processors when running Microsoft Windows®2000. This issue is independent of system chipset and has been observed when running Ziff-Davis 3D Winbench™2000 and Mad Onion 3DMark™ 2000 in benchmarking mode.
      I never heard of it and 3dmark2k 1.1 runs flawlessly on my Athlon 700. Heck I even left it looping for a couple of hours yesterday just to test a new 64Mb dimm I bough.

The following workaround for this issue prevents Memory Manager from using the processor's Page Size Extension feature and may affect the performance of some programs, depending on the paging behavior. This registry value also limits non-paged pool to a maximum of 128 MB instead of 256 MB.
      No thanks

[This message has been edited by Nuno (edited 22 September 2000).]

Comment

Working...
      X