DVD playback in 2K using G400 and WinDVD 2000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DVD playback in 2K using G400 and WinDVD 2000

Any reason why DVD playback is considerably worse in 2K SP1?
    Everything seems more or less perfect in 98 using the Divorce engine.
    and yes DMA is enabled.

Cheers for the help!

Paddy

----
    System spec:

Gigabyte mobo - cant think what on the top of my head!
    AMD K6-2 500
    192 Mb RAM
    IBM 9Gb SCSI NTFS
    IBM 21Gb IDE FAT32
    Matrox Millennium G400 32Mb DH
    Matshita 32x DVD-ROM
    Intel Pro/100+ Management Adaptor
    Advansys 3550 Ultra wide SCSI Host Adaptor
    Creative SoundBlaster AWE 32
    The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

I haven't installed SP1, but using windvd2000 I have zilch probs (apart from SPDIF/AC3 out on my SBLive!) under win2k...

------------------
    Cheers,
    Steve

"Life is what we make of it, yet most of us just fake"

Comment

Perhaps there is a better DVD engine to use then?
      The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

I'm just using the DVD software that came on my G400 CD (Ravisent engine?). Does everything OK for me, and looks great on the TV.

DS
        Games Box
        --------------
        Windows 2000Pro, ASUS A7Pro, Duron 750@950, 192MB Micron PC133, OEM Radeon DDR, 15gb Quantum Fireball+ LM, Fujitsu 5.25gb, Pioneer 32x slot load CDROM, SB Live! Value, LinkSys LNE100, Altec Lansing ACS45.2, Samsung Syncmaster 955DF, Sycom 300va UPS

Video Box
        ------
        Windows 2000Pro, PIII700 on ASUS CUBX, 256mb Micron PC133, Vanilla G400/32 (PD5.14), Hauppage WinTV-DBX, LinkSys LNE100, 8.4gb Maxtor HD, 40gb 7200 Western Digital, Diamond Fireport 40 SCSI, Pioneer 32x SCSI Slot load CDROM, Pioneer 10x Slot load DVD, Yamaha 4416s burner, MX300, Panasonic Panasync S70

Feline Tech Support
        -------------
        Jinx the Grey Thundercat, Mischa (Shilsner?)(still MIA)

...currently working on the world's first C64 based parallel computing project

Comment

I was under the impression that the DVD software on the Matrox CD doesn't support Windows 2000 (it uses the cinemast engine) - unless there has been an update?.....

Any one got more info on this?

Also, if someone has got good DVD playback under 2K could you post your system specs and the software you are using.

Cheers!

Patrick

Comment

Is there two versions of the software? I got my newest G400 in July...the player that installed works great under Win2k. Release notes say Ravisent.

DS
            Games Box
            --------------
            Windows 2000Pro, ASUS A7Pro, Duron 750@950, 192MB Micron PC133, OEM Radeon DDR, 15gb Quantum Fireball+ LM, Fujitsu 5.25gb, Pioneer 32x slot load CDROM, SB Live! Value, LinkSys LNE100, Altec Lansing ACS45.2, Samsung Syncmaster 955DF, Sycom 300va UPS

Video Box
            ------
            Windows 2000Pro, PIII700 on ASUS CUBX, 256mb Micron PC133, Vanilla G400/32 (PD5.14), Hauppage WinTV-DBX, LinkSys LNE100, 8.4gb Maxtor HD, 40gb 7200 Western Digital, Diamond Fireport 40 SCSI, Pioneer 32x SCSI Slot load CDROM, Pioneer 10x Slot load DVD, Yamaha 4416s burner, MX300, Panasonic Panasync S70

Feline Tech Support
            -------------
            Jinx the Grey Thundercat, Mischa (Shilsner?)(still MIA)

...currently working on the world's first C64 based parallel computing project

Comment

can you e-mail it then? ;-)
              Cause I got my g400 in april, and DVD is all green...

------------------
              G400 DH 32 Mb PD5.11, W2K, Asus K7V 1007, 256 PC133, ibm 20Gb 7200.
              Matrox Millenium P750 bios 1.3 - 12, P4 3Ghz HT 800Mhz, Asus P4P800 Deluxe, 1Gb DDR400 Dual Channel, Dual Seagate 80Gb S-ATA on Intel Raid level 0, Toshiba DVD-ROM SD-M1302, external Yamaha CD-RW CRW-F1DX on Firewire, Microsoft Natural Elite keyboard, Microsoft Intellimouse Optical, Viewsonic P90F, Viewsonic PF790

Comment

likewise could you throw it this way (english version)

Cheers.

patrick.bushe@totalise.co.uk

Comment

I have at least one version of the Matrox software. The CD number I have is 20065. If that's not the one you guys have, I'll send you the DVD player on it. The cab files in the DVD player are dated 5/17/99.

Comment

Also, if someone has got good DVD playback under 2K could you post your system specs and the software you are using.
                    Humm, after I had some trouble with ME today, I installed Win2k Pro on a seperate disk, ported over WinDVD2k and tested a DVD we have here. No probs whatsoever.

Then I tested it with the Matrox DVD-player and again no probs. All this on a normal P3-450, Asus P2B, 256Mb and Acer DVD player.

Hope you can use the info, Pat.

Jord.
                    Jordâ„¢

Comment

Here are my specs.

Could someone tell me if I am wasting my time as my PC is too crap.

Thanks!

Comment

I will guess your problem is that the G400 is shared with your network-card at irq 5.
                        I've heard that the Gxxx-cards should have a irq for themselves in the 9-15 range.

Comment

Yes! Rattledagger is correct - Gxxx cards really do want an IRQ above 8, on its own if possible too.

------------------
                          Cheers,
                          Steve

"Life is what we make of it, yet most of us just fake"

Comment

I am having a hard time changing the resources for and device under 2K...

I cant seem to use a custom setting...

Any help?

Comment

Using PowerDVD 2.5 with no problems, sp1 is installed and running the 5.14 win2k drivers.

Jeff

------------------
                              Remember when naps were a bad thing?

-------------------------------
                              You stop learning when you are die, and some people just don't know the're dead yet!
                              -------------------------------
                              ABIT BP6 - 2 x Celeron 500 - 256MB Ram - MX300 - 3Com 509c - 3com 905tx - Creative PC DVD 6x - G400 DH - DSL (True Love Here) - Win98 se - Win 2000 pro
                              -We stop learning when We die, and some
                              people just don't know They're dead yet!

Member of the COC!
                              Minister of Confused Knightly Defence (MCKD)

Food for thought...
                              - Remember when naps were a bad thing?
                              - Remember 3 is the magic number....

Comment

Working...
                              X