FAO: Tim Bixler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FAO: Tim Bixler

Only if you treat me to a Guiness when I'm over there this coming spring.

Reading through the thread, it appears that you are sorting through a W2K problem. I'm ABSOLUTELY useless there. If you are looking for an alternate W2K DVD Player, you can download a full version of Cinemaster 2000 from www.digital-digest.com . Cinemaster 2000 is a VERY different implementation from Ravisent than the earlier versions...essentially a DirectShow (windows) based mediaplayer with a cinemaster skin.

If I haven't figured out what you're looking for, write back and be specific.

I'm running W98 and have NO expertise of any kind in W2K...yet.

E-mail me if you need to keep this quiet.

[This message has been edited by Bixler (edited 21 September 2000).]
    Greebe's juiced up Athlon @750 on an MSI Irongate Based M/B Marvel G200 TV with HW/DVD Daughtercard,
    CDBurner, Creative DVD, two big WD Hdds, Outboard 56K modem
    Parallel Port Scanner, Creative S/B AWE 64 (ISA), and a new Logitech WebCam (My first USB device)

Cheers Tim!

If you want a Guiness you'll have to meet me in Dublin for one though!

There is no need to keep this quiet unless Kruzin asks me to?....

I just couldn't figure out why my DVD playback was so much worse under Win2K especially when people had reported that the WinDVD 2000 engine performed just as adequately (as the DVD software that came with the G400)

Cheers for the download link. I'll give Cinemaster 2000 a whirl - although it will be sometime on my connection!

Cheers for the help mate!
    The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

was going fine until the server died on me!

Still i got one of the six files
      The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

Paddy:

Most of the techs over at Matrox T.S. recommend Power DVD to all the folks whining about a W2K updated Matrox player. They have been shipping a slightly updated version of their Ravisent (Cinemaster 99) player lately that seems to work for some clients, but very inconsistently in W2K.

You might want to check some of the threads over there on the DVD and TV Out forum. Right now every other thread is someone screaming about a W2K compatible Matrox player. My dim understanding is that Matrox is having more than their share of problems fully supporting dual head in W2K because of some problems with the OS itself, and this is causing some delays in a fully compatible W2K player...they keep saying soon.

I can't see any reason why the Cinemaster 2000 wouldn't work for you as long as you've got DX7 installed. Most of the DVD sites prefer the features and tweakability of Power DVD and Win DVD though. Since I'm running the module on my ol' g200 marvel all the players are to me is a front control panel anyway, so I don't notice any real difference between any of them quality-wise--I'm not using the decoding engines, since the module does that.

Hope this helps.
        Greebe's juiced up Athlon @750 on an MSI Irongate Based M/B Marvel G200 TV with HW/DVD Daughtercard,
        CDBurner, Creative DVD, two big WD Hdds, Outboard 56K modem
        Parallel Port Scanner, Creative S/B AWE 64 (ISA), and a new Logitech WebCam (My first USB device)

Comment

FAO: Tim Bixler

A little birdie told me that you were man to speak to!

Could I bother you by asking that you look at this thread?

Cheers!

Patrick

[This message has been edited by Paddy [MU] (edited 21 September 2000).]

Comment

PowerDVD 2.5 works great in win2k (with or without sp1) and 98se. I usually watch a movie while doing my homework.

Later,

Jeff
            -We stop learning when We die, and some
            people just don't know They're dead yet!

Member of the COC!
            Minister of Confused Knightly Defence (MCKD)

Food for thought...
            - Remember when naps were a bad thing?
            - Remember 3 is the magic number....

Comment

On the other hand, I cannot use PowerDVD in W2K. WinDVD works great in my system, however.

Comment

Working...
              X