Win2k 5.14 bug? Feature? :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Win2k 5.14 bug? Feature? :)

Ok, used to be running the 5.03.025 drivers in Win2k. No problems there. Rock solid with acceptable (ahem) performance in the few games I play.

Just upgraded to the 5.14 drivers a couple days ago. Didn't uninstall the old drivers, just updated to the new ones. So far haven't really seen any problems. However I have noticed one thing that could drive me nuts after a while. So here's the situation:

While having much fun surfing the wonderful web, I tend to like opening a pile of IE windows, and then filtering through them when they're all loaded. Been doing this for ages, never really had too many problems with it.

With the 5.03.025 drivers, when I would close one window (usually start at the bottom, ie, most recently opened window) it would move to the previously active window (which would have been the main one that I spawned all the new ones from). Now, though, when I close the bottom window, the next window up becomes active (which was NOT the most recently active window other than the one I closed). What it appears to be doing is going one window up from the most recently active window, without respect to the initial window that I spawned from.

So basically, if I spawn 10 windows, then switch focus to the 5th one I spawned, then switch focus back to the 10th one I spawned, if I close the 10th window then the 4th window becomes active, whereas the 5th window should be the active one.

I know this sounds kinda odd, maybe someone's seen it. Dunno that the situation came across properly either. But one way or the other, when I close the window, the previous window with the focus does not become the new focus. That's odd for me....

And it only seems to happen in IE. But didn't used to....

b
    Why do today what you can put off until tomorrow? But why put off until tomorrow what you can put off altogether?

spoogenet,

mine has done the same thing!! when i launch an application, it doesn't come up as the "active" window. i too like to open up multiple instances of ie. i noticed this behaviour after running windows update and downloading and applying the latest security patch(..9/2/2000).

it is mildly annoying but liveable...i use the ALT+TAB to cycle through

cc

Comment

Can someone with the 5.03 drivers and a fully patched Win2k system try and reproduce this? And it would be nice to hear if a Win2k user with the 5.11 drivers also suffers from this problem.

On my system (win2k fully patched + 5.14), it does show up (and not oly with IE5).

Comment

I've had the problem for a long time (does not matter what app I use).
        I've just updated the drivers to 5.14 and am not sure what I used before - it was probably 5.11 but it might have been 5.03.
        ------
        Many?

Comment

Working...
        X