No announcement yet.

PD6.x & G200 LOCKS UP Lightwave 5.6 !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PD6.x & G200 LOCKS UP Lightwave 5.6 !!!

Both the beta 6.x drivers and now the new ones make Lightwave 5.6 completely freeze up when you run both Modeler and Layout at the same time.
    You have to pres the reset button to get out of it. CTRL/ALT/DEL won't even work.
    When I tried out the beta drivers it would even restart my computer instead of just freezing up.

I'm still using 5.3 because it's the only one that works perfectly for me.

Does anyone else who is using Lightwave 5.6 still have an old G200?
    Does the same thing happen with a G400?
    I sure hope not!

It seems to be an OpenGL problem because it happens right before the OpenGL preview window is abouot to pop up.

Another annoying thing is that the Layout OpenGL previewing seems to work faster with PD6 (Modeler is just the same)but of course it's not usefull if you can't run Modeler at the same time.

Again, can someone at least confirm that this isn't a problems wiht the G400 also?
    I'm selling my computer soon and the G200 is going with it but I'm getting a G400 in the new one.

[This message has been edited by Dentaku (edited 15 September 2000).]

Comment

I don't think LightWave is supported under Win9x. It will probably work better in NT4 or poss 2k (haven't tried it in 2k, 3DSMax is my preferred modelling tool).

I expect your problem has something to do with having 2 completely seperate OpenGL contexts at the same time, I'll experiment when I get home.

------------------
      P3-700E@933, Abit BF6, G400 MAX, 8.6 gig Seagate, 8.6 gig WD, SBLive 1024, 256Mb PC133... Logitech Optical Wheel Mouse, Keyb, Stuff

Comment

G400 OpenGL in LW6 Modeler dosen't work properly.It does not redraw the viewports properly.In layout there is no problem with 6.xx beta drivers or the new ones.I have tested this with Win98 SE and Win ME.Under Win2k however there is no problem whatsoever and since the G400ICD.DLL driver is the same under Win 9x and Win2k the problem must be in Windows and the way it handles OpenGL under the different Op.Systems......I wonder why.
        LightWave Rules....BIG time.
        Fear, Makes Wise Men Foolish !
        incentivize transparent paradigms

Comment

Just wanted to tell, that a Millenium II card don't have any problems with OpenGL in LightWave. It works perfectly in both Layout and modeler.
          Fear, Makes Wise Men Foolish !
          incentivize transparent paradigms

Comment

The problem seems to have started with the 6.X drivers on the G200.

Like I said, I hope LW5.6C works well on a G400 because I'm gonna get one soon.

Anyone use exactly this combination (LW5.6 and G400 under Win98) with no problems?

I can't model anything in Max.
            Lightwave is just SO much more like sculpting.

Comment

Well I got LW6.0 but need to grab the update for it. I do also have LW5.6 and a G400 Vanilla DH and the latest drivers. I can test it later tonight if need be. (At work currently...have about another hour or so to go). I'll post it then. And certain versions of LW do work in Win9x.

Comment

That would be great

I'd hate to not be able to run modeler and layout at the same time.

Comment

So, did you try your G400 with LW5.6 yet?

Comment

Working...
                  X