Win2k dualhead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Win2k dualhead

Few questions about M's dualhead implementation on Win2k. Dualhead works on Win2k, but some of the nifty features like independant resolutions/refresh rates are not supported. First of all, does this count when the card is being used with TV-out (i.e. does your primary resolution drop to 640x480 or is there another way)? And second, I know that the independant resolution issue was MS's oops, however, I heard that this was supposed to be fixed with SP1. Obviously at the moment independant resolutions and refresh rates still aren't a part of the Win2k dualhead package. Is this support expected ever?

-Q

I'd suggest doing a search as this has been discused many times before.
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Ahh, good point, I see. Well, I can live with the resolutions/refreshes being the same, as long as that is 3200x1200.

-Q

Comment

You have a problem

Comment

qball,

from what i can tell you might as well forget about that "independant" resolution for quit some time, doesn't seem to be a high priority for MS. just remember that you will always be limited by your "least capable" monitor and you will be fine.

i've actually grown to like this setup. the 3 games that i've played(..q2,ut & sof) all run fine under win2k. at that point i removed win98se permanently.

the "setup"

Motherboard: AMI MegaRUM II, dual 600Mhz Pentium III processors (installed), each with a 32/512 Cache configuration. 1 GB of PC100(CAS2), 8ns memory. Symbios Logic 53C896 U2W SCSI controllers. Intel 443GX Xeon chipset.

SCSI I/O:

Channel 1(LVD/U2): 4 Seagate LVD Cheetah 18LP, ST39103LW Ultra2 Wide SCSI-3 hard Drives, each with 1024k cache.

Channel 2(SE): JAZ 2GB internal, Plex-Writer 8/20, Pioneer DVD-303s ultra-scsi DVD reader and 2 UltraPlex-Wide 17/40 speed CD-ROM drives.

USB: USB Zip Drive, Epson Stylus Scan 2500, Intellimouse Explorer and 3com US Robotics 56K Voice Faxmodem Pro

Networking: The network adapter is a 3Com 3Cr990-TX-95 PCI 10/100 Mbps Ethernet controller.

Video: Matrox G400 Max with Dual Head. The primary display is a Panasonic PanaSync E21, .25-dot pitch, 20" viewable; the secondary display is a Samsung 17" Flat Panel Display(.264mm pitch) model 770TFT.

Multi-media: Creative Labs Sound Blaster Live PCI Bus Mastering sound card. Speaker system is the Cambridge Works FPS2000 Digital speaker system.

cc

Comment

I was planning on running them at the same resolution anyway. Dual 1600x1200 on (nearly) matched 19" monitors. The refresh rate thing was more what I was looking at, since one of my monitors can eek out a little more than the other can (Sony CPD-G400 vs. Sony GDM-400PS). I've decided to go with the Marvel G450, whatever works will work. Now they just have to get it out so I can buy it .

[edit]With a little look around, it seems that the Marvel G450 doesn't support 2 real monitors. A shame.[/edit]

-Q

[This message has been edited by qball (edited 21 September 2000).]

Comment

Working...
            X