nAvi/DivX/Mpeg4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nAvi/DivX/Mpeg4

I'd be glad if someone could tell me how to get nAvi/DivX to run smoothly with my G400. Are there any codec that work better, or do they all suck due to that layer-thingy?

Laters!
    /Hamlet

------------------
    Athlon 800@1GHz/MSI 6167/128mb/7200rpm UD66/SB128/G400Max/Win98/Win2k/RH6.2/Be5
    Athlon 800@1GHz/MSI 6167/256mb/7200rpm UD66/SB128/G400Max/Win98/Win2k/RH6.2/Be5

copy-paste:
    When watching movies encoded with the ASF codec, that have a horizontal resolution that is not devidable by 32, the movie looks horrible and plays like a slideshow, because they do not use overlay on the G400, but rather blit the video info (same effect as when opening multiple instances of Media Player, since only one movie can use overlay at the same time). This happens because the ASF codec does not properly detect it can use overlay when the returnde pitch size is not the same size as the horizontal res. of the movie itself. Microsoft need to fix this to make it work properly. Other videocards do not suffer from this problem, because they don't have as high pitch- restrictions as the Gx00 has, that are needed for advanced features like DVDMax. You have to wait till MS releases a fixed codec, and users of DivX ;-) have to wait until 3ivX or another legal codec is released, that adresses this problem and is backwards compatible with DivX ;-). It is not certain if such a codec will ever be released

So to make them run fluently: only encode with a horizontal res. dividable by 32!

[This message has been edited by dZeus (edited 21 September 2000).]

Comment

Working...
    X