Edge flicker w/ 6.14 drivers on Win98

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edge flicker w/ 6.14 drivers on Win98

I watched a DVD movie this evening and noticed some visual anomalies w/ the latest drivers. If I set "Reduce edge flickering" on the TV settings (Desktop or DVDMax), I see diagonal hashing on the window frames and elsewhere on the TV output: Its especially noticeable throughout the rainbow stripe displayed on the "Settings" tab of the "Display Properties" control. I also am unable to get the setting to stay if I select it on both "Desktop" and "DVDMax" TV settings. The image is much better w/o the feature set but I do see some rapid dot crawl (edge flickering) when I leave it disabled. Do you all notice this as well?
    <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

I forgot to mention that I'm using the Matrox supplied Divicore player w/ updated engine -- rsrc v1.5.22.1105, exe v1.5.00.1113, Cinemaster driver v2.0.36.6145. Video card is a G400 Max.
    I also noticed anomalies on the DVD output on TV: Graphics on the opening credits were very jagged on the edges (saw toothed sine waves).

Hasn't anyone tried watching DVDs w/ the new drivers on Win98? Don't make me go to the Matrox forums.
    <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

^

Comment

Working...
      X