I'm getting bored

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm getting bored

It's been quite a long time since we last heard about new exiting stuff from matrox. Seems like the G800 will be half ready for xmas available only for pre-ordering on matrox site and it'll propably be the same story as the G200.
    Frankly, I visit MURC less and less cause there is nothing interesting coming from matrox (the G450 is a joke).
    When I'm saying things are getting boring, check what's going on around us, othr companies move forward, for good or worse they move, not matrox.

TnT G200 Voodoo2 Rage Pro
    TnT2 G400 Voodoo3 Rage 128 / Pro
    GF1 G400(?)Voodoo5 Rage Maxx(real shit)
    GF2/MX ---- Voodoo4/5 Radeon

We are lagging way way behind.

------------------
    Cloudy
    Asus P2B-DS, 2 x Celeron 400@75Mhz, 192Mb Ram, SB Live! Platinum,
    2 x IBM 4.3Gb scsi,IBM 22GB IDE, Pioneer DVD ROM scsi, G400 32MB DH (Oc to 111.1%).
    Cloudy
    Asus P2B-DS, 2 x Celeron 450 (400@75Mhz), 192Mb Ram, SB Live! Platinum,
    2 x IBM 4.3Gb scsi,IBM 22GB IDE, Pioneer DVD ROM scsi, G400 32MB DH.

Cloudy,suggest you try getting out a bit more to alleviate your boredom.

Comment

Maybe you should take the time to read up on some of the posts here and get a refresher on why this exactly is and stop whining that Matrox won't move forward. Just a thought

BTW they are moving forward and the G450 isn't a joke.

P.S. why do you have your cpu's underclocked at 75mHz? (Oops, LOL)
      "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

TwinView lol, DualHead, ----, ----
        Cube lol, EMBM, ----, EMBM
        2048x1536: 60Hz lol, 85Hz, 60-75Hz?, 60-75Hz?
        2D Quality: lol, VCQ2, lol, lol

Lagging behind? In what way?

Paul.

------------------
        Pace3000 Network: (early stages)
        Arena | Seti | P3K | TechSupport | Portal
        Matrox Users / SETI@MURC
        Join the team! | Crunch faster! | View the stats!
        Meet Jasmine.
        flickr.com/photos/pace3000

Comment

Lagging behind in hype, spiel, bull, and false promises!

Comment

And don't forget crappy drivers, BS tech support, and application/game incompatabilities out the wazoo!!!
            "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

Comment

why not download a few demos and keep yourself busy?
              If I had your system, I'd start with the celery for upgrading
              amd k62-350 @400 - tyan trinity 100AT 1590s - 128mb sdram - wd 10gb 5400/u33 - g200 8mb sgram agp - sb16pro isa - Realtek 8029 NIC -

Comment

I recommend Britney's Guide to Semiconductor Physics:

http://britneyspears.ac/lasers.htm

I saw on HBO yesterday a program about people who get naked and sit on store bought cakes. It looks messy, but I bet it won't be dull.

Maybe I'll get drunk tonight and try it.

Paul
                paulcs@flashcom.net

Comment

that's the best thing britney's ever done.

Comment

EMBM ?>> Does UT have it? No...
                    Q3? no... Maybe Need for Speed ??? NO !
                    Ok, ok... How about a nice RTS then? No !!!

DualHead - I use it as TV-Out, DVD max is great though. But my laptop with ATi Rage mobility has it too except for the DVD Max.

2048x1536... Well, too bad I only have a 17" monitor so I don't use resolutions over 1024x768.

2D quality, VCQ2 etc. Heard nVIDIA stole those recently and that the Radeon is also in the arena.

How does matrox lag behind you ask ?
                    Please read some benchmarks, the higher the resolution is, the less important the cpu gets. Currently, with Voodoo 5, Radeon and GeForce MX / 2 GTS / PRO (etc. etc. etc.) the G400 with all the brandwith it has can't even come close to these monsters.
                    Since I like playing high-res, a celeron 450 is quite adequate, the G400 isn't.

BTW, the britney site is cool.
                    For less serious stuff check http://bbspot.com

------------------
                    Cloudy
                    Asus P2B-DS, 2 x Celeron 400@75Mhz, 192Mb Ram, SB Live! Platinum,
                    2 x IBM 4.3Gb scsi,IBM 22GB IDE, Pioneer DVD ROM scsi, G400 32MB DH (Oc to 111.1%).

[This message has been edited by Cloudy (edited 19 September 2000).]
                    Cloudy
                    Asus P2B-DS, 2 x Celeron 450 (400@75Mhz), 192Mb Ram, SB Live! Platinum,
                    2 x IBM 4.3Gb scsi,IBM 22GB IDE, Pioneer DVD ROM scsi, G400 32MB DH.

Comment

Cloudy... we've been giving out why this is. I can't figure tho why you don't see this (and I know it's not a comprehension problem

Comment

Working...
                      X