Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5.14 driver installation questions

Ok, 2 questions here.
    1. Should I even bother updating to 5.14? I'm currently running 5.03.025 and it's rock solid. Don't have any real problems in games (other than not too stellar performance and a few flickers here and there), but don't play many games anyways. So the real question is, would I benefit from the newer drivers, or maybe suffer from them?

2. If I were to install 5.14, do I need to uninstall the 5.03.025 drivers first? Or can I install over the old ones?

Thanks a lot.

b
    Why do today what you can put off until tomorrow? But why put off until tomorrow what you can put off altogether?

why don't you just try them?

I've installed all the win2k driver releases including the latest, and never had a single problem with the installs...

sometimes I just installed the latest version over the last one, but lately I have gotten into the habit of uninstalling the last drivers (in add/remove software).

5.14 is the best driver release in my opinion... there are still some small issues with it, but a whole lot less than with the earlier releases like 5.04 or 5.10

Comment

spoognet,

i installed mine over the 5.03 with the setup program with no problems noted so far. imho they are as solid as the 5.03 and have a lot more options.

cc

Comment

Ok, thanks. Might give them a go then.

I haven't installed them yet since I can't afford much downtime in a day with my system. Figure I'd ask and have a better idea of what I'm up against before I screw the pooch.

b
        Why do today what you can put off until tomorrow? But why put off until tomorrow what you can put off altogether?

Comment

Working...
        X