New Drivers on Matrox FTP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Drivers on Matrox FTP

Win9x: <a href="ftp://ftp.matrox.com/pub/mga/archive/win_9x/2000/w9x_604.exe">ftp://ftp.matrox.com/pub/mga/archive/win_9x/2000/w9x_604.exe</a>

Win2k: <a href="ftp://ftp.matrox.com/pub/mga/archive/win_2k/2000/w2k514.exe">ftp://ftp.matrox.com/pub/mga/archive/win_2k/2000/w2k514.exe</a>

NT4: <a href="ftp://ftp.matrox.com/pub/mga/archive/win_nt4/2000/nt4_454.exe">ftp://ftp.matrox.com/pub/mga/archive/win_nt4/2000/nt4_454.exe</a>

------------------
    Mark Veneziano

Mark Veneziano

damn, beat me to it.
    downloading it right now, we'll see what they have changed.....

Comment

Very astute! Not only did you beat the Matrox Webmaster to the punch, but also the BBs. I'm still running 5.52 on Win98 since I didn't have any pressing need to jump on the beta releases. I was just about to give up waiting and go ahead with the beta. So is TurboGL really gone with this release?
      <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

I've been using TGL with the 6.xx drivers for quite a while. It works, but there are occasional problems (the flashlight in Half-Life is missing). I'm downloading the new ones now, I'll see what will happen.

Is this a non-beta? I notice that there is no "beta" in front of the filename.

[This message has been edited by Liquid Snake (edited 14 September 2000).]

Comment

I just tried TGL with the 6.14 drivers on Q3A ... the intro doesn't show the animated logo popping up. The minute I spent playing the game didn't seem to show any problems. I'll run some benchmarks tomorrow and compare w/ and w/o TGL ... but I'm sure there will be plenty of observations about the new drivers posted by then. G'night all!
          <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

Yeah I knew I should keep an eye on this forums while our esteemed webmaster is away. Only way I'm going to notice if any new drivers like this pop up if noone is updating the front page. Everyone reply and get the thread on fire so its obvious. ;]

Comment

Didn't install them yet, but I scanned through some of the files to see if there was anything interesting. The F800 entries dZeus found in the last PDPages.dll (6.01) are no longer there. Also:

Matrox Marvel G450 eTV
              Matrox Millennium G450 DualHead
              Matrox Millennium G450 DualHead DVI
              Matrox Millennium G450 DualHead DVI PCI
              Matrox Millennium G450 DualHead LE
              Matrox Millennium G450 DualHead PCI

from EFIGS.inf. We still don't know what the eTV G450 is.

Comment

yahooooo !..downloading right now !..great work "MarkV"..THANKS !
                PIII650@806(fsb@124),ASUS P3B-F,128mb,Matrox Mill-G400 32SH,SB.Live!vlue ,IntelliMouse Explorer

Comment

Im still on 5.52 drivers...should I finally update? and should update be straight to latest? and How bad are they going to muck up my system?

Comment

Well spotted. Do you keep polling the FTP site in the hope that something has changed or was it just a fluke?

Anyone seen any changes/improvements over the betas yet btw?

------------------
                    P3-700E@933, Abit BF6, G400 MAX, 8.6 gig Seagate, 8.6 gig WD, SBLive 1024, 256Mb PC133... Logitech Optical Wheel Mouse, Keyb, Stuff

Comment

btw. these drivers are in the certified section of the Matrox website.... and their links are to a f:\ drive in stead of the ftp... OOPS

Comment

ok, the stencil buffer in Q3A is working somewhat better again (it was really messed up in 5.11)... but a far way from perfect (I will show you some problems on my webpage today concerning the stencilbuffer).

Also, it seems like Q3A is 'skipping' once or twice a second when I turn up the res. to 800x600x32 and everything else @ max (trilinear, etc.), which didn't happen with the 5.11 drivers.

Gurm, your favourite screensaver finally is working but I experience very bad performance with the OpenGL blending modes, and the screensavers skips a lot, just like q3a does with high settings....

Comment

Certified? Are these the normal warmed over several month old drivers that MS finally gave their seal of approval to or are they actually something new?

------------------
                          P3-700E@933, Abit BF6, G400 MAX, 8.6 gig Seagate, 8.6 gig WD, SBLive 1024, 256Mb PC133... Logitech Optical Wheel Mouse, Keyb, Stuff

Comment

they must be new, since the OpenGL blending modes are now working, which never was the case before....

Comment

what do you mean exactly?

the shadow problem? that was fixed already with the 5.10 drivers and 'optimize for accuracy' in the MTST util 2.0 version.

or do you mean something else?

Comment

Working...
                              X