Well matrox, is it real or isn't it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well matrox, is it real or isn't it?

I think we have waited long enough for the G800 card. If its there they had better annonce it sometime this week or else I'm going out to buy an ATI Radeon.

Computers4Sure has both the 32 and 64 meggers.

http://www.computers4sure.com/category.asp?TabID=96

They're pretty good about returns, so you might want to consider them.

Godspeed.

By the way, this site is in no way affiliated with Matrox. Messages (and threats) aimed at Matrox should probably be sent to to them. They do have forums. If this was a complaint issued for our benefit, which is perfectly OK, it should be addressed to us and posted in the Soapbox.

Paul
    paulcs@flashcom.net

[This message has been edited by paulcs (edited 11 September 2000).]

Comment

See you around. Don't let the door hit you in the butt on the way out.

Joel
      Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
      Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Comment

Say Joel ... he could have said "I'll be hanging mistletoe on my coat-tails and they can kiss my *ss goodbye".

Say cocokrip, what are your system specs (CPU type/speed, monitor make/size)?
        <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

Ok I admit it, I shoulden't have been such as dumbass saying something like that. It's just I've been looking forward to this card for a long time I still have seen no offical word on it yet . I apologize, I should be more patient . Anyway, you wanted to know my system specs?
          CPU: Celeron 600mhz overclocked to 901mhz
          RAM: 192MB
          Monitor: MAG InnoVision 17" (not sure of model number, I'm going to replace it someday)
          Video card: Creative TNT2 32MB
          Sound card: SB live! X-gamer

Comment

Just wondering if you might be better off improving your other system components rather than begging for a better video card. Looks like your hanging in there but these high-end cards seem to be oriented to larger monitors. I'm running a G400 Max on a P3-450 and I know my gaming would appreciate some more CPU HP.
            <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

Coco, have no fear! The G800 will be anounced very soon I was having a couple of beers with a friend of mine, who happens to be a design engineer at Matrox. Turns out they have been working on the thing for over a year now, with software models running since last Sept.

------------------
              Celeron 366@567 2.2V, 128meg generic PC-100 RAM (running at CAS2) Abit BH6, G400 16meg DH@150/200, Western Digital Expert 18gig, Ricoh mp7040A(morphed to mp7060A) Pioneer 6X DVD slot load, Motorola Cable Modem w/DEC ethernet card, Soundblaster Live Value Ver. 2, Viewsonic GT 775

Celeron 566@877 1.8V, 256meg generic PC-100 RAM (running at CAS2) Abit BH6, G400 16meg DH@150/200, Western Digital Expert 18gig, Ricoh mp7040A(morphed to mp7060A) Pioneer 6X DVD slot load, Motorola Cable Modem w/DEC ethernet card, Soundblaster Live Value Ver. 2, Viewsonic GT 775

Comment

Snicker, snicker. My wife has provided support to those engineers using the design verification tools ... not that any details could be said about it.

Comment

Well...verification tools and running software emulators on workstations are one thing.

having the boards themselves is quite another.

If there is to be an anouncement fairly soon,the retail version of the cards(not prototypes or beta versions),have to be in production by now.

There is even the possibility that several thousand boards could alredy be in storage somewhere.

It usually takes about five weeks(roughly)to make the chips themselves.

The same goes for cpu's as well.
                  note to self...

Assumption is the mother of all f***ups....

Primary system :
                  P4 2.8 ghz,1 gig DDR pc 2700(kingston),Radeon 9700(stock clock),audigy platinum and scsi all the way...

Comment

I'd be prepared for a bit more of a wait if I were you folks.

Comment

Stop saying stuff like that Ant! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Comment

So i take it that the anouncement is still a couple months off then?

I could see the G800 at least matching the overall performance of the Gf2 or radion.

But if matrox only releases the card around xmas,it will be going up against nvidia's new card(nv20),ati's radion2 and 3dfx's rampage.

This is not looking good folks... .
                        note to self...

Assumption is the mother of all f***ups....

Primary system :
                        P4 2.8 ghz,1 gig DDR pc 2700(kingston),Radeon 9700(stock clock),audigy platinum and scsi all the way...

Comment

Why isn't that good? Is the GeForce 2 not fast enough? Let's get a grip now.

Rags

Comment

its not good beacuse Nvida will relese GFORCE2GTSturbo then NV25 wery soon after that so if G800 will compet only with ordinary GF2 or READON then the battle is alredy lost..& MATROX stays always a step behind..& this is what makes me worry about..

I hope that G800 will have much more power then GF2gtsTurbo & that it will compet with NV25 & other NEXTGENs..
                            PIII650@806(fsb@124),ASUS P3B-F,128mb,Matrox Mill-G400 32SH,SB.Live!vlue ,IntelliMouse Explorer

Comment

Is there really a Geforce 2 GTS turbo coming out???

What a silly name, why not: Gefore 2 GTS turbo Gold DeLuxe Special Edition ?

Comment

Working...
                              X