Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody tested the latest drivers yet (W2K)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody tested the latest drivers yet (W2K)?

Has anybody tested the latest Win2000 certified drivers for the G400MAX (5.14.033 posted yesterday)?
    Just want to know if anybody has experienced speed increases or decreases before I install them tonight when I get home from work.
    It cost one penny to cross, or one hundred gold pieces if you had a billygoat.
    Trolls might not be quick thinkers but they don't forget in a hurry, either

Just the same as before for me. No increase, no decrease. Just the warm satisfaction of MS-Certification.
    But I guess you know that already by now, as you must be home from work - unless you ran out of petrol!

Comment

had only one problem, couldn't play any games, used the matrox tweak prog & it had agp4 checked & i can only run at agp 1. nacar heat runs a little quicker, 36.4 fps at 1280x1024 full detail instead of 32.2fps.

Comment

The OpenGL ICD is much newer, I suspect the D3D and 2D are almost exactly the same.

- Gurm

------------------
        Listen up, you primitive screwheads! See this? This is my BOOMSTICK! Etc. etc.
        The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
        If only life were as easy as you
        I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
        If only life were as easy as you
        I would still get screwed

Comment

I had run this particular ICD in my machine for some time a bit back. Check out TFC in win2k. I noticed a nice boost in smoothness, and you don't have to have gl_ztrick set to 1 any longer, getting rid of z buffer errors.

Rags

[This message has been edited by Rags (edited 15 September 2000).]

Comment

The goofy textures in Tribes and EQ seem to be gone...so either it magically fixed itself or the drivers are very similar to the 5.06 set.
            Games Box
            --------------
            Windows 2000Pro, ASUS A7Pro, Duron 750@950, 192MB Micron PC133, OEM Radeon DDR, 15gb Quantum Fireball+ LM, Fujitsu 5.25gb, Pioneer 32x slot load CDROM, SB Live! Value, LinkSys LNE100, Altec Lansing ACS45.2, Samsung Syncmaster 955DF, Sycom 300va UPS

Video Box
            ------
            Windows 2000Pro, PIII700 on ASUS CUBX, 256mb Micron PC133, Vanilla G400/32 (PD5.14), Hauppage WinTV-DBX, LinkSys LNE100, 8.4gb Maxtor HD, 40gb 7200 Western Digital, Diamond Fireport 40 SCSI, Pioneer 32x SCSI Slot load CDROM, Pioneer 10x Slot load DVD, Yamaha 4416s burner, MX300, Panasonic Panasync S70

Feline Tech Support
            -------------
            Jinx the Grey Thundercat, Mischa (Shilsner?)(still MIA)

...currently working on the world's first C64 based parallel computing project

Comment

Just to be sure:

The Direct3D texture corruption as witnessed in Everquest and Asheron's Call is fixed? And so is the same problem in OpenGL as witnessed in Tribes and WorldCraft ?

And the horizontal lines with gl_ztrick 0 is also fixed?

If so, I will update my bugpage on these issues.... and that means they fixed quite a lot of issues in this release... not many bugs left :-)

[This message has been edited by dZeus (edited 15 September 2000).]

Comment

Thankfully the fuel situation with me isn't critical.....yet
                I got a new car on Monday and part of the 'on the road' deal is that it's full of petrol.
                So, here I am on Friday with about half a tank left and with a car that does 45mpg yada yada yada.
                We better be getting some petrol by Tuesday or things might not be so good.
                It cost one penny to cross, or one hundred gold pieces if you had a billygoat.
                Trolls might not be quick thinkers but they don't forget in a hurry, either

Comment

I was unable to run busmastering with my dual cpu - Win2k. Now the problem is fixed - Hurray!!!!

Hank

Comment

Working...
                  X