HAIG!!! I think I have a marvel problem? please help pretty please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HAIG!!! I think I have a marvel problem? please help pretty please

Hello, and thanks for reading this. I think you answered my other post and offered help. But needless to say i have taken my other motherboard back, and returned my Maxtor. What i wanted was my money back for the Motherboard and a swap for the maxtor but apparantly they have to go for 'testing' for a good while. its not like im trying to screw them over any way i'll get to the point.
    But anyone reading this, dont shop at Memory warehouse or software warehouse hee hee :O)

My system now, is as it was with my good old trusty Jetway BX2000 board. And everything is fine except for I am getting green intermittent flashes and frame skips on playback of Mjpeg on both the monitor and TV out no matter what the data rate , from 16-1 and 6-1 compression

files I recorded out to tape perfectly this time last week are now skipping and jumping merryily with a green flash??? and i would very much like to fix it :O)

I have tried reinstalling drivers, ect but to no avail. I have reseated the card in the AGP slot. 'Reinstall windows' I hear you cry-done that. I am also running mjpeg files off a newly formatted hard drive, and freshly captured files just done now are the same as old ones.
    I have tried disbaling read ahead cache, ect and followed all the tips in the Matrox FAQ and I am now at a loss!

Have you heard of this problem and can you fix it?
    Is my Marvel screwed and what can I do about it.
    What could have happend?
    Is there anything i can do to fix it Re-flash bios or something??

(im desperate ok :O) I'd try holding my breath and screwing up my eyes real tight if you said it would aid me)

I hope you can help,
    yours confused and lost.
    CMB

[This message has been edited by CMB (edited 17 January 2000).]
    Windows XP Pro + SP1 - Pentium 4 3.1gig - 1024mg DDR 333 2 cas - Thermaltake Xaser Case - Parhelia 128 - 3x Phillips TFT Monitors - Audigy 2 Platinum - 6.1 surround speakers - RTx100 - 5 HD 7200rpm (420gig) - Pioneer A03 - Partridge in a pear tree

Hi,
    just adding that the other guy who had problems with green flashes that i reffered to in my other thread never fixed them.

'I never did fix the green-line flashes in playback.
    To be honest, I render most of my video to Quicktime MOV or MPEG-1 now, so there is no problem. i can say with some certainty that only AVI files are affected.'

I guess this doesnt hold out much hope for me. At least I had them working to begin with :O) anyone have any ideas?
    This_idiot???
    Every other helpful person who's name i appear to have forgot at this moment in time :O)?
    CMB
    Windows XP Pro + SP1 - Pentium 4 3.1gig - 1024mg DDR 333 2 cas - Thermaltake Xaser Case - Parhelia 128 - 3x Phillips TFT Monitors - Audigy 2 Platinum - 6.1 surround speakers - RTx100 - 5 HD 7200rpm (420gig) - Pioneer A03 - Partridge in a pear tree

Comment

Hi CMB,

People have reported green flashes during DVD playback but not with mjpeg playback.

Have you tried putting our card in AGP 1x?

Could you send us a sample file to graph_ts@matrox.com with my name in the subject?

If you can, make sure that the file is not more than 4M or else we won't receive it.

Haig

Comment

ThanXs for the quick reply.

I have sent you an example file from something that was playing fine before
        but now plays wrong, the fault seems to lie in the way the marvel looks at the mjeg because it has fixed errors in it, whereas before it was fine.
        id blame it on corrupted data or something but newly captured files are the same
        help me please..... :O)

Comment

It seems to me to have the same problem. So keep on disussing in this forum, please. I'm very interested!

Comment

Same thing happen to you...?
            All was fine then one day poof????

Comment

OK - not really! It was never good. I will post a new Topic. Please look at "Green Flashes" Topic!

Comment

Green flashes are only part of my problem though..... i also get jitters and stange light and dark effects? not like macrovision these all effect only a few frames each
                its so weird.

Comment

I had likely problems (cfr my old posts) with some bad frames (green , or rose... out of adjustment...)

Sometimes the video plays good then not, there is a "bad frame" next time I restart the PC the file plays well until another place ...
                  Or files are bad encoded ...

I fixed it by disabling some thing in my BIOS ( these are well-known for my PA 2013 MB) maybe u can try these changes for your
                  Motherboard? http://www.matrox.com/mga/tech_supp/faq/general3.htm#5
                  Fauc

Comment

thanks, I am arranging to RMA my marvel with Haig now (Swell guy), but i am interesterd in trying this also just to make sure.

I am currently using a Jetway BX2000 Motherboard weith a via chipset are using the via drivers. My marvel card was also the same in an ABIT BE6.

What exactly did you disable in your motherboard?

Comment

Working...
                    X