The last Macrovision "feature" in the drivers--R.I.P

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The last Macrovision "feature" in the drivers--R.I.P

Here we go again...Another candidate for the Darwin awards.
    http://forum.matrox.com/mgaforum/For...ML/001480.html

Read toward the bottom of the thread where this Helpful fella FOR NO REASON RELATED TO HIS PROBLEM spills out on the public forum the last macrovision disbler. From here on, there's nothing left but hack city.
    Save your old drivers. Tech support HAS to turn these things in when they are posted.
    Greebe's juiced up Athlon @750 on an MSI Irongate Based M/B Marvel G200 TV with HW/DVD Daughtercard,
    CDBurner, Creative DVD, two big WD Hdds, Outboard 56K modem
    Parallel Port Scanner, Creative S/B AWE 64 (ISA), and a new Logitech WebCam (My first USB device)

Some people are beyond belief!

------------------
    Cheers,
    Steve

"Life is what we make of it, yet most of us just fake"

Comment

Ignorance can do so much damage!

I did notice that as of this morning, you can now e-mail folks posting in over there, just like you can on the MURC. Might be a good idea for us ALL to browse around over there and cut these idiots off when they post this garbage by e-mailing them and telling them to delete their stupid post.
      Greebe's juiced up Athlon @750 on an MSI Irongate Based M/B Marvel G200 TV with HW/DVD Daughtercard,
      CDBurner, Creative DVD, two big WD Hdds, Outboard 56K modem
      Parallel Port Scanner, Creative S/B AWE 64 (ISA), and a new Logitech WebCam (My first USB device)

Comment

What can I say, he certainly has got my vote!
        System:
        Asus A7V rev. 1.01p bios 1011
        AMD Thunderbird 800
        SBLive retail with liveware 3.0
        Matrox g400 MAX pd 6.51
        LG Flatron 795FT 17" monitor
        IBM 13.5 GB 7200 hdd
        Pioneer 106-s dvdrom
        WinME
        directx 8.0a
        384mb pc133

Comment

I think I missed something here. It seems that you all have some idea of what that guys troubles were. Apparently he stumbled across some obscure fix for it that you guys seem to know about that Matrox now has to remove.

Would someone please explain this further? I honestly want to understand what happened and what this guy did that you upset you.

Thanks
          Ian
          Primary System:
          MSI 745 Ultra, AMD 2400+ XP, 1024 MB Crucial PC2100 DDR SDRAM, Sapphire Radeon 9800 Pro, 3Com 3c905C NIC,
          120GB Seagate UDMA 100 HD, 60 GB Seagate UDMA 100 HD, Pioneer DVD 105S, BenQ 12x24x40 CDRW, SB Audigy OEM,
          Win XP, MS Intellimouse Optical, 17" Mag 720v2
          Seccondary System:
          Epox 7KXA BIOS 5/22, Athlon 650, 512 MB Crucial 7E PC133 SDRAM, Hercules Prophet 4500 Kyro II, SBLive Value,
          3Com 3c905B-TX NIC, 40 GB IBM UDMA 100 HD, 45X Acer CD-ROM,
          Win XP, MS Wheel Mouse Optical, 15" POS Monitor
          Tertiary system
          Offbrand PII Mobo, PII 350, 256MB PC100 SDRAM, 15GB UDMA66 7200RPM Maxtor HD, USRobotics 10/100 NIC, RedHat Linux 8.0
          Camera: Canon 10D DSLR, Canon 100-400L f4.5-5.6 IS USM, Canon 100 Macro USM Canon 28-135 f3.5-5.6 IS USM, Canon Speedlite 200E, tripod, bag, etc.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology will be indistinguishable from magic." --Arthur C. Clarke

Comment

you know about Macrovision? If not: It's a protection that makes it impossible to tape anything played over the TV-output of the G400, and there is no normal way to turn it of.

Until now, every driver had some kind of 'trick' trhough which you could disable Macrovision. However, as soon as someone posts this trick on the Matrox TS forum, they are legally forced to fix the way to disable Macrovision...

I bet you understand why everyone is angry about this person now, don't you?

Comment

Working...
            X