Solved problem Divx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solved problem Divx

use Angelpotion codec(its not perfect i now)
    any resolution but only 16bit colordepth(not 24,32 question to Matrox???) i use mediaplayer 7 work fine on any non-standart
    resolution http://www.angelpotion.net/codecs/APmpg4v1-663.exe
    Matrox rulezz

Hmm, looks like it is a nice installer for those codecs, but in fact now NON of the DivX movies I have uses hardware overlay.

I use it on my G200 in w2k, but I don't think that should matter..

Comment

Course they don't, silly!

It's a SOFTWARE codec.

- Gurm

------------------
      Listen up, you primitive screwheads! See this? This is my BOOMSTICK! Etc. etc.
      The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
      If only life were as easy as you
      I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
      I would still get screwed

Comment

Thus? They can also use hardware overlay, using DirectX.

Anyway, with this codec I can't play movies full screen, because the image is stretched in software (slow and ugly) instead of hardware (fast and nice)

Comment

They could use DirectX, but they obviously don't. This is why the Codecs that cost money are still around - they're generally better.

- Gurm

------------------
          The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

Comment

I think you missed the point:

DivX normally uses overlay to play movies, which looks very good and uses ver small amount of CPU utlisation (overlay is hardware accelerated). The problem on Matrox cards is that DivX doesn't use overlay when the horizontal res. of the played movie is not a multiple of 32 (due to a bug in the MS Mpeg4 codec).

The supposed 'fix' would be that all the movies would use overlay with the horizontal res. not a multiple of 32.

However, as Randy already replied, this other codec does _NOT_ ix the problem.

Comment

Ok, have y'all tried the W4R3Z DivX codec?

Or... the "fixed" Mpeg4 Codec (which MS keeps making people pull from their site, despite the fact that it makes the d*** thing work)?

- Gurm

------------------

Comment

of course we all first experienced the problem with the DivX codec. Since you can't report bugs to Matrox of stuff that isn't 'made by someone' (DivX is MS Mpeg-4, slightly changed, and no support by it's makers) I also tried the MS Mpeg-4 codec, and (of course) exactly the same problem showed up, which I reported to Matrox as a possible bug.

It ended up to be a error in the MS Mpeg-4 codec, which MS will (or will not) fix in a later release, while all development has seized on the DivX codec. If you have DivX movies in your posession, the only thing you can hope for, is that a future leagal codec (such as 'Project Mayonaise' or '3ivX'), are backwards compatible with DivX, and have fixed the problem too.

THen after some hints,

Comment

So you tried
                  http://divx.ctw.cc

already?

- Gurm

------------------

Comment

what do you mean with that?

that's where DivX comes from

Comment

Just making sure.

Also there is a fixed Mpeg4 codec if you don't have it, I can try to get a link going later on.

- Gurm

------------------

Comment

Working...
                      X