X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G800

From the Tech Support Forum:

Q:
    Has there been any news regarding the release of the G800 ? How about specs ?
    -thx

A:
    Sorry but tech support does not have this type of information.
    All this information should be available soon through our web page when the chipset specs are released

Not long to wait now perhaps?????
    What do you want a signature for?

Comment

Why will you buy a G800 ? I'm still waiting final Windows 2000 driver for my G400 Max ! And i don't want beta drivers for the G800

Comment

Hey, I'm impressed that they didn't simply outright deny the existence of the G800.
        Primary System:
        MSI 745 Ultra, AMD 2400+ XP, 1024 MB Crucial PC2100 DDR SDRAM, Sapphire Radeon 9800 Pro, 3Com 3c905C NIC,
        120GB Seagate UDMA 100 HD, 60 GB Seagate UDMA 100 HD, Pioneer DVD 105S, BenQ 12x24x40 CDRW, SB Audigy OEM,
        Win XP, MS Intellimouse Optical, 17" Mag 720v2
        Seccondary System:
        Epox 7KXA BIOS 5/22, Athlon 650, 512 MB Crucial 7E PC133 SDRAM, Hercules Prophet 4500 Kyro II, SBLive Value,
        3Com 3c905B-TX NIC, 40 GB IBM UDMA 100 HD, 45X Acer CD-ROM,
        Win XP, MS Wheel Mouse Optical, 15" POS Monitor
        Tertiary system
        Offbrand PII Mobo, PII 350, 256MB PC100 SDRAM, 15GB UDMA66 7200RPM Maxtor HD, USRobotics 10/100 NIC, RedHat Linux 8.0
        Camera: Canon 10D DSLR, Canon 100-400L f4.5-5.6 IS USM, Canon 100 Macro USM Canon 28-135 f3.5-5.6 IS USM, Canon Speedlite 200E, tripod, bag, etc.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology will be indistinguishable from magic." --Arthur C. Clarke

Comment

Personally, I keyed in on the 'soon' part. That means we'll only have to wait around 4 to 6 months to get one, now (based on how long it actually took me to get my preordered Max after it's specs were announced).

Guess it's time to start saving my pennies again..

(And pray this one's as worth it as the Max was! )

------------------
          Ace
          "..so much for subtlety.."

System specs:
          Gainward Ti4600
          AMD Athlon XP2100+ (o.c. to 1845MHz)

Comment

"...should be available soon...."

Very soon.

Comment

Hehe,

unfortunately, that comment got our tech supp phones (not sales!!!) ringing off the hook so we quickly fixed that answer

Unfortunately tech support does not have this type of information

Haig

Comment

I seem to remember someone mentionning (who I don't remember) that we should look at matrox's site in september 11 to have some news. I think the NDA on the g800 MIGHT (I don't know I saw this here be over on that day.

Sicna

------------------
                Asus K7V
                Athlon 750Mhz
                256 megs 133 Mhz
                Matrox G400 MAX
                Sblive Value
                Windows 98 SE & 2000 Advanced Server
                Asus K7V
                Athlon 750Mhz
                1 X 256 megs Kingston PC 133 Mhz CAS 3-2-2
                Matrox G400 MAX
                Soundblaster Live
                Windows ME & 2000 Professionnal

What kind of party is this. There's no booze and only one hooker. -Bender

Comment

Yes I could not find a Max in my area until last October. And the card was announced I believe in April 99. Just after tnt2 and voodoo 3 released. I held off replacing my G200 because reports were saying we could get a G400 June/july. That did not happen so sold out and bought a tnt2 in july to use until I got a G400. Now I still use and love my G400 in my home computer a year later. My love affair with the G400 has lasted longer than it did with the G200. I have once again got another card to hold me over for my office machine. A Radeon 32 meg DDR. It is a nice card 2d and 3d image quality is good. UT looks better than any other card I tried out even GTS II. Viper II with extra texture was better. But radeon is better in every game. Dues Ex with everything on at high res is good.
                  Well enough of that soap box bring on the G800

Comment

I am hoping and praying that there is a big press release on Monday. I just bought a new system with a POS graphics card (P3-800, 256MB RAM, ATI Rage 128, 21" Trinitron monitor) in anticipation of the g800. I'm in a tough position as a consumer in that I'm a freelance web designer as well as a gaming enthusiast... I NEED top quality 2D and I WANT fast 3-D.

A lot of the rumours out there seem to make sense. Even with the g400 the memory interface was better than the competition; look at how it excels at high resoultions in 32-bit colour. So it would follow that Matrox would be able to introduce a great memory-bandwith solution with the g800. Embedded video RAM? If you look at some of the quotes from Matrox they already admit that the g800 will have T and L support.

The fact that this information is even being disclosed (if inadvertantly) tells me that a release is near. When the g400 came out it was a COMPLETE surprise. I don't think I heard any rumours about multi-texturing, EMBM or Dual Head on the next Matrox card. So the fact that we even have a clue about the g800 tells me something must be real close.

Also, if you look at some of the g450 reviews, there's NO mention of the g800 whatsoever, even though the rumours are out there everywhere. Makes me think they can't even mention the g800 by name for fear of violating their NDA's.

The g450 is obviously a business card. Face it, 90% of the business world uses their computers for text. Of the other 10%, the graphics professionals, 9% are strictly 2D. The 1% that does 3D modeling, etc. probably won't be doing it on a sub-$200 card. Look at the Matrox site, they're not marketing it as a gaming solution. There's no games in the software bundle.

I really think the g800 will be here very soon, and I think it will be awesome.

Comment

Damnit Haig! Stop spoiling all our fun!

THPHPHPHPHPHP!!
                      Primary System:
                      MSI 745 Ultra, AMD 2400+ XP, 1024 MB Crucial PC2100 DDR SDRAM, Sapphire Radeon 9800 Pro, 3Com 3c905C NIC,
                      120GB Seagate UDMA 100 HD, 60 GB Seagate UDMA 100 HD, Pioneer DVD 105S, BenQ 12x24x40 CDRW, SB Audigy OEM,
                      Win XP, MS Intellimouse Optical, 17" Mag 720v2
                      Seccondary System:
                      Epox 7KXA BIOS 5/22, Athlon 650, 512 MB Crucial 7E PC133 SDRAM, Hercules Prophet 4500 Kyro II, SBLive Value,
                      3Com 3c905B-TX NIC, 40 GB IBM UDMA 100 HD, 45X Acer CD-ROM,
                      Win XP, MS Wheel Mouse Optical, 15" POS Monitor
                      Tertiary system
                      Offbrand PII Mobo, PII 350, 256MB PC100 SDRAM, 15GB UDMA66 7200RPM Maxtor HD, USRobotics 10/100 NIC, RedHat Linux 8.0
                      Camera: Canon 10D DSLR, Canon 100-400L f4.5-5.6 IS USM, Canon 100 Macro USM Canon 28-135 f3.5-5.6 IS USM, Canon Speedlite 200E, tripod, bag, etc.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology will be indistinguishable from magic." --Arthur C. Clarke

Comment

Maybe Matrox will pull the same with the G800 as ATI did with the Radeon?

You know, have it announced, in the reviewers hands', and on the shelves at the same time? =)

Comment

Hehe,

at least we didn't deny it

Haig

Comment

OK !..yeah !..so far so good..but why so many mystry about it..I hope that it will justify our waiting , well !..we all knowe Nvidias moves , GTS2turbo , NV25..so I hope that G800 will be better then that..
                            PIII650@806(fsb@124),ASUS P3B-F,128mb,Matrox Mill-G400 32SH,SB.Live!vlue ,IntelliMouse Explorer

Comment

Better in what way? More frames per second or more features being offered and supported. And let's not forget supperior image quality.

Joel
                              Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
                              Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Comment

Working...
                              X