Closing problem G400dh on Windows ME

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Closing problem G400dh on Windows ME

Have installed Win.ME on my system and after installing the drivers for the Matrox G400 dual head the system wont close down anymore and will hang with just the mouse pointer showing in the screen.
    Who can help me with this ?????
    And 2 the 1 who can , thanks in advance !!!

spec's system are Abit Mainboard with AMD Athlon 700Mhz ,256Mb 100Mhz LGS Memory ,Promise Raid 66 contr. with 2 20Gb IBM Harddisks ,AOpen 8xDVD and a Sony 145E Writer.

Win98 had the shut down problem as well, Maybe Microsoft forgot about this problem, Hmmm interesting.

What you can do is locate the shutdown patch for win98 and apply it, see if that helps.

Regards,
    Elie

Comment

You can also try playing with different aperature settings and see if that helps.

Haig

Comment

You might also try:

Start|Run|"msconfig"|General tab - Advanced|check "Disable fast shutdown"

RAB
        AMD K6III-450; Epox EP-MVP3G5; G400DH32; Maxtor 10gig UDMA66; 128meg PC100; Aureal SQ2500 sound; PCI Modem Blaster; Linksys 10/100 NIC; Mag 800V 19"; AL ACS54 4 speaker sound; Logitech wireless mouse; Logitech Wingman Extreme (great for lefties)

Comment

I would go with the aperture size.

BTW there is no " Disable fast shutdown" in Win Me
          Fear, Makes Wise Men Foolish !
          incentivize transparent paradigms

Comment

Try the latest VIA4in1 drivers, it solved the problem for me

Comment

I have seen a lot of complaints about this problem with ME. It doesn't seem video card specific. http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/1/12942.html
              Mine: Epox EP-8KTA3, Matrox G400 32mb DH + RRG, Athlon 1.2/266, 256mb, WD 30gb ATA100, Pio 32x CDROM, Adaptec 2940U2W, WD 18.3GB 10k U2W, Yamaha CDRW4416, Pio DVD-303, Scsi Zip 100, Seagate 10/20 Gb tape, SBlive platinum, Linksys 10/100 nic, HP 712c printer, HP 6200 scanner, Linksys 4port cable router, Linksys 2port print server/switch
              Hers: Epox EP-3VSA, G400 32mb SH, PIII 750, 256mb, WD 10gb, Pio 6x DVD, Zip 250, Diamond S90, Linksys 10/100 nic

Comment

Might I ask the obvious question and get an answer? Did you install WinME on a harddrive just as is, or did you upgrade from a Win98 version?

If the latter, which version of Win98 did you upgrade from? If SE, did you have the fast shutdown box checked in START-> RUN-> msinfo32 [Enter]->tools (it's a menu)->system configuration->advanced ??

If not, then that might be your problem. If you upgraded from Win98SE, and did use the Save old Windows version, uninstall WinME to restore Win98SE, then check that one box, reboot, then reinstall WinME from Win98SE.

I know this sounds like a big roundabout route. But sometimes Bill's programs want you to do these things

Jord.
                Jordâ„¢

Comment

I guess your mother board using via chip set isn't it?
                  I had the same problen and i was needed to install the 4 in 1 drivers and then before doing restart install menualy the agp driver.
                  That's fixed it!
                  --------------
                  System Specs:
                  Operation System: Microsoft Windows Millennium Edition (Final Release)
                  Case (chassis): Moded Antec Gemstone Case (300watt p.s)
                  CPU: Intel P3 800e@1033 (Slot) (cb0)
                  Memory: 128MB Mushkin High Performance REV2
                  Motherboard: Asus P3V4X (bios 1005)
                  Video card: Matrox Millenium G400 Max (Drivers 6.14)
                  Sound card: Sound Blaster Live! X-Gamer
                  Hard drive: IBM Deskstar 75GXP (15gb)
                  DVD-ROM drive: Aopen DVD-1640-PRO (Slot version)
                  Mouse: Microsoft IntelliMouse Explorer (With EverGlide GIGANTA)
                  Keyboard: Compact Generic
                  Monitor: Mag XJ700T
                  Speakers: Altec Lansing ATP3 (For the front)
                  Sony Sound System (For the back)
                  Joystick: Microsoft SideWinder ForceFeedback 2

Comment

Working...
                  X