This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best 21" Monitor

I just bought a new Dell system that should be arriving in a week or so (i815e,P3/800, 256MB). I hope to buy a g800 when it comes out so I went with the base graphics card (ATI Rage 128 Pro). I'll be using my own 17" monitor for the time being but am shopping for a 21" monitor. I am partial to Aperature-Grill monitors and I'm wondering if anyone can give me some advice on a purchase. Right now I'm looking closely at the Mitsubishi 2040U and the Sony G500. Any suggestions?

I'm quite fond of my ViewSonic PF815.
    http://www.viewsonic.com/products/pr...9D80C4C7BE010C

As long as you go with a good name brand apperature grill though, you'll be fine.

------------------
    Cory Grimster
    cory@houseofstuff.net
    http://www.houseofstuff.net
    Cory Grimster
    <A HREF="http://www.houseofhelp.com"TARGET=_blank>www.houseofhelp. com</A>
    <A HREF="http://www.2cpu.com"TARGET=_blank>www.2cpu.com</A>

Comment

I was shopping for a 21" last month and had my eye on the mitsubishi 2040u. The guy told me it was backordered. So I ordered one and waited for a full month...but they still can't get any stock. They told me they have the G500 in stock so I got that one instead. Overall I'm pretty satisify with the Sony, but I think the mitsubishi is one of the best 21" monitor out there. Go with that if you can find one...

Comment

IMO, it's either ViewSonic, Hitachi or if you can afford it Nanao/Ezio ...
        I was VERY impressed with Hitachi's 19's and 21's.. Nice overall image quality and the color was very vibrant...

Craig
        1.3 Taulatin @1600 - Watercooled, DangerDen waterblock, Enhiem 1046 pump, 8x6x2 HeaterCore Radiator - Asus TUSL2C - 256 MB Corsair PC150 - G400 DH 32b SGR - IBM 20Gb 75GXP HDD - InWin A500

Comment

The Sony GDM-F500R is the best 21" monitor made, bar none.

-Q

Comment

I'd love to get the F500R, but it's a bit much. I'd like to pay around $1200. Does anyone know how the Mitsubishi Diamond Plus 200 looks? Is it comparable to the 2040U?

Comment

I still love those Iiyama's.
              My 17" at home and my 21" at work both offer top notch image quality corner to corner.
              It cost one penny to cross, or one hundred gold pieces if you had a billygoat.
              Trolls might not be quick thinkers but they don't forget in a hurry, either

Comment

I haven't checked in a while, but at the beginning of the summer, www.ubid.com consistently had refurbished 2040Us that went for ~$600. There's actually spec'd at 22". They also had some of the older 2020Us - same specs as the 2040Us.

Comment

go for iiyama

very clear and sharp screan, best for matrox

------------------
                  >> Surfwienix <<

My System:

AMD K6-2/400 non-o/c
                  Epox MVP3C-M Super7 (VIA 4.24)
                  128MB SDRAM(PC100)
                  Matrox Millennium G400 MAX
                  (PD 6.11.031 BETA + TGL 1.3 + DX 7a) AGP2x/256MB @IRQ11(not sharing) non-o/c
                  Terratec DMX Sound-System
                  6,4GB Maxtor HDD (UDMA33)
                  ASUS 50x-CDROM (UDMA33)
                  Realtek 8019 Ethernet (ISA)
                  Creatix HAM V.90 Modem
                  19" Monitor CTX-VL950T (95khz)
                  Windows 98SE

[This message has been edited by Surfwienix (edited 07 September 2000).]
                  my system:

AMD XP 2000+
                  Abit KTA7 (VIA 4.49)
                  512MB SDRAM133
                  Matrox Millennium G400 MAX (5.91, AGP 2x)
                  Windows XP Prof

Comment

Iiyama is nice, but not always 'the best'. Sony trinitron tubes are VERY nice too (I own a Dell P990 monitor myself, which has a 19" sony trinitron tube), so are Eizo monitors. The best you can do is to ask a shop to have several PC's hooked up to the monitors of your choice, all using a G400, so that you can do a side-by-side comparison yourself.

Try to set the resolution at 1600x1200 or one step higher when doing the comparison, and try to look at sharpness of text and 'bleeding colours'.

Comment

Matrox doesn't make monitors, so this doesn't belong in the Matrox Hardware forum.
                      This thread will be relocated to the General Hardware Forum.

[This message has been edited by Kruzin (edited 08 September 2000).]
                      Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Working...
                      X