Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G450 LE ? :(

hi,

i just read the g450's manual (chapter : hardware informations)
    http://www.matrox.com/mga/tech_supp/users_man/g450.htm

The LE (Limited edition) use SDRAM. A 64 bits SDRAM ???

Interesting. A quick search to Windows Hardware Control List (http://www.microsoft.com/hcl) reveals this:

Matrox Millenium G450 Dual Head LE
    (Millenium G450 32MB SDR DualHead HD15 & HD15 rev 981)
    [AGP]

Notice it says "SDR". Unfortunately no drivers for download. And they are logo'd @ 6.04.029 too.

Anyone want to post their G450 driverset for us G400 users? Considering Matrox was kind enough to include the G200 drivers in "their latest beta"...

Off on a tangent, has anyone upgraded their Vanilla G400 with the Dualhead module? Anyone know of company that sells it outside of the Matrox WebSite?

Whyzzi@themail.com
    ------------------
    Celeron2 566 @ 850MHz, 1.8v stable
    Abit BH6 + Slotkett!!!
    256Megs of PC 133 SDRAM
    MosterSound MX400
    Vanilla G400 OEM 32Meg
    ECS K7S5A Pro, Athlon XP 2100+, 512 Megs PC-3200 CAS2.5, HIS Radeon 9550/VIVO 256Meg DDR

Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe C Mobile Athlon 2500+ @ 2.2GHz, 1GB PC-3200 CAS2.5, Hauppauge MCE 150, Nvidia 6600 256DDR

Asus A8R32 MVP, Sempron 1600+ @ 2.23GHz, 1 Gig DDR2 RAM, ATI 1900GT

Comment

2Whyzzi, To post the drivers up would break the BB's NDA's ie it won't happen from us. Sorry

Also, SDR many times refers to the base technology. In this case I believe they are refering to sdram, not specifically SDR sdram.

Rags has upgraded his G400 vanilla SH with the DH module... works great.
      "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Greebe:
        2Whyzzi, To post the drivers up would break the BB's NDA's ie it won't happen from us. Sorry
        Would it also break the NDA's if you tested the G450's drivers with your G400 and tell us if/how they work?
        But we named the *dog* Indiana...
        My System
        2nd System (not for Windows lovers )
        German ATI-forum

Comment

The dual head upgrade worked great. Took minutes to install, and upon booting up, I had the dualhead properties tab in display properties. Heck of an easy upgrade. It works the same as if you had the DH on the card to begin with.

We are under NDA for unreleased, unannounced products period. Whether they be software or hardware.

Rags

Comment

NDA's? You guys beta testers or somethin'?

Is there a rule against the dude that buys the G450 and then offers offers his drivers for a friend who might just have a G400?

Thanx for the info on the DH upgrade. I'll consider it, although I just didn't think it was worth the 73$ canadian to buy it from their web site....

OH - I always wanted to ask: Any reason why Matrox doesn't seem (or at least advertise)
            SSE/3DNow optimizations within their OpenGL driver (with the exception being the TurboGL)? Am I correct in assuming that DirectX7 SSE/3Dnow already has it built in, and therefore not optimized for by most graphic card manufacturers?

The reason why I'm asking is because I've got a friend that picked up a Vanta, installed the denonator2 drivers and benched marked his Quake3, and upon inspecting the "driver info" using his K6-III 400 the nvidia driver included the string "3dnow", telling us that at least it is utilizing the enhanced instruction set (or making us believe so). He gets about 36fps normal mode 640x480 (503+ rev 1.2).

In comparison when I had the G400 in my K6-2 500 unit, I could only use the PD 5.30 driverset and only acheived 24fps (FIC 503+ r1.1), when the G200 gave me 19fps. The TurboGL 1.0 driver changed that to 32fps. I'm just trying to understand the difference. I moved the G400 back into BH6 and since put a Savage4 in the 503+ and now get about 38fps. (Getting that S4 bitch to work properly was no easy task) :P

Thanks again, people.

Whyzzi@themail.com
            ECS K7S5A Pro, Athlon XP 2100+, 512 Megs PC-3200 CAS2.5, HIS Radeon 9550/VIVO 256Meg DDR

Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe C Mobile Athlon 2500+ @ 2.2GHz, 1GB PC-3200 CAS2.5, Hauppauge MCE 150, Nvidia 6600 256DDR

Asus A8R32 MVP, Sempron 1600+ @ 2.23GHz, 1 Gig DDR2 RAM, ATI 1900GT

Comment

I looked at the dual head upgrade like this; I took how much I could sell my G400 for, looked at the cheapest I could buy a real DH card for, and compared the difference to the cost of the upgrade.

I got a great price for my G400, I just decided I didn't need dual head so I bought a used V3 2000 and came out ahead $80 CDN.
              I seriously can't tell the difference in what I do with my computer.

Comment

Working...
              X