Matrox G400 with Sony G400 or E400?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matrox G400 with Sony G400 or E400?

I know that whatever I choose A G400 will look amazing on a SONY CPD-G400 or an E400 but I'm not sure if it's really worth getting the G400 since it's around $100 more.

Anyone have any experience with both of these monitors?

I have a g400 hooked up to a sony g500 here, very nice image quality and text is sharp. Get the g500 instead of e500 cuz the g500 has BNC inputs...useful when u work at higher res. I find it becomes noticeable at 1280 x 1024...using the BNC does improve the image quality...but some ppl don't notice it until 1600 x 1200. Anyways...i think the g500 is worth the extra $100. BTW...get some help to carry the damn thing if you are buying from local store...this thing weights 71 pounds and 81 pounds with the box and packaging. Almost drop it when i try to lift it into my car.

Law

Comment

Unfortunately neither the G400 or the E400 have BNC connectors.
      I wish they did.
      You have to go up to 21" to get BNC

Comment

I didn't know about the 19" Sony...I thought all G-series have BNC connector while the E-series lack one. But what res are you going to run it at? I would not go anything beyond 1280x1024 on a 19"...and in MOST cases, u won't see a difference with or without the BNC at that res. If you want BNC on a 19" flat screen, why not go with the Viewsonic PF795 (not pf790)? I have the sony g500 and a pf795 and I think the viewsonic is not bad either.

Comment

Hmm the PDF file for the CPD-G400 says
          Input Connectors:
          Captive 15 pin mini D-sub and 15 pin mini D-sub.
          No mention of BNC (or is one of those a BNC under another name?)

The one for the E-400 just says:
          Input Connector:
          Input 1: D-sub 15HD Captive

Comment

Hmm....I think there's a g400 at the place I work...let me check for you whether it has bnc or not.

Comment

G400 23" away from me and no BNC connectors. Just buy it.

Comment

Hmm. The CPD-G400 is 19" not 23"

Comment

Ok...I've checked it today...The G400 has NO BNC connectors...just 2 HD15 inputs. On my G500 at home, the input selector at the front has hd15 written on one side and bnc written on the other side. The G400 has input 1 & 2 written beside the switch, both of them are HD15. Regarding what turbo has observed on the Sonys sold to customers...I guess Sony has changed the monitor's design to cut cost.

But I don't think you (Dentaku) shouldn't worry too much about the BNC...the G400 is a very good monitor (that is, if you manage to get one without defects), you won't run the 19" beyond 1280*1024 anyways...so the use of BNC cable has virtually no effect on the image quality.

Hmm...I said this before...but if u really want BNC and a flat screen, go with the viewsonic pf795 or the mitsubishi 900u, both are flat and have bnc and they are both very good choice.

Comment

Why did you have to check it out I told you it didnt have them...

Comment

Because this guy said he sold 8 of them to his customer and all the ones he sold have bnc with them.

Comment

Hello Guys!
                        I Know you all discuss on the 19"sony but all i can effort is 17"so i like to know what's the best high quality 17"monitor i can buy! (only crt! no lcd/tft)

thanks!

P.s how is the Sony G200? or the Samsung 700IFT? or the flatron mag monitors...????
                        --------------
                        System Specs:
                        Operation System: Microsoft Windows Millennium Edition (Final Release)
                        Case (chassis): Moded Antec Gemstone Case (300watt p.s)
                        CPU: Intel P3 800e@1033 (Slot) (cb0)
                        Memory: 128MB Mushkin High Performance REV2
                        Motherboard: Asus P3V4X (bios 1005)
                        Video card: Matrox Millenium G400 Max (Drivers 6.14)
                        Sound card: Sound Blaster Live! X-Gamer
                        Hard drive: IBM Deskstar 75GXP (15gb)
                        DVD-ROM drive: Aopen DVD-1640-PRO (Slot version)
                        Mouse: Microsoft IntelliMouse Explorer (With EverGlide GIGANTA)
                        Keyboard: Compact Generic
                        Monitor: Mag XJ700T
                        Speakers: Altec Lansing ATP3 (For the front)
                        Sony Sound System (For the back)
                        Joystick: Microsoft SideWinder ForceFeedback 2

Comment

By the spec from SONY's Web site, CPD-G400 doesn't have BNC input, but one capative 15-pin D-sub and one 15-pin mini D-sub.

CPD-G500 has one BNC input.

All GDM-series have BNC input.

I own a GDM-400PS, and it has a very convenient BNC/D-sub switch button.

P4-2.8C, IC7-G, G550

Comment

Working...
                          X