G400 Max underclocked my CPU.Help me!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G400 Max underclocked my CPU.Help me!

I have a 400@500 Cel.It worked very well with my old Banshee.I replace it with a G400 Max and now the cpu refuses to work at 500Mhz.The mobo is a LX with FSB set from BIOS. In BIOS is 83Mhz FSB but when the pc starts it reports 400Mhz instead of 500.
    It seems that Matrox Bios Overrides my system bios.I'll apreciate any suggestions!
    Thanks!

There is NO WAY a graphics cards bios can override the bios on a mobo!

------------------
    Join the MURC SETI team! | SETI @ MURC
    According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

And if you put the banshee back in, what happens?

It *could* be (talking a wild guess here) that the g400 is pulling more power and your LX mobo (which suprises me that it works at all ) just can;t supply enough juice to power everything...

------------------
      Cheers,
      Steve

"Life is what we make of it, yet most of us just fake"

Comment

I put back my banshee and everything work normal.I also resolved the conflict with my G400. My CPU is now working at 500Mhz(fsb83) only if I access the system BIOS from Windows.
        Thanks!

Comment

Have you had something other than your bios (or program that just checks the bios) check your clock speed. Like Win98's dx-info tool, or PCIspy to check to see what it reports your speed at? I had an over-clocked K6-300 over clocked to 350 and the bios reported 333, and if I clocked it to 333 the bios reported it as 300. Came down to the fact I was using very old Ram (tight budget at the time). Got some PC-100 and it took care of it. However both of the afforementioned programs saw I was running 350/333 even though the bios didn't. So its just a thought to double check.

Comment

Working...
          X