G400 32 sh oem died?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G400 32 sh oem died?

Ok.. For the past couple of weeks when I turn on my computer my monitor didnt come on until windows was all the way loaded up and it was at the logon screen (win 98). well last night I booted up and the display never did come on. So today I threw an Ati card I had laying around in there and the display came right up at post. So any suggestion as what has happened and how I fix it without any video display at all? Ive had this card for over a year now without any problems at all. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

------------------
    Flux capacitor overclocked to 1.31 jigawatts

[This message has been edited by R-u-Ready (edited 17 August 2000).]

This has usually been attributed to a corrupted G400 BIOS. Reflash your BIOS.
    <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

Just out of curiosity is this something that just happens? I havent done anything to make this happen. Also how do I flash the bios without any video?

------------------

Comment

Check MatroX files for the procedure. Fellow MURCer gbm maintains that site. Sometimes the BIOS is corrupted from OC'ing gone bad or other equipment problems. Don't recall if I've seen this reported from simply errant SW. Sometimes, the G400 is simply bad.
        <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

O.K so I have finally gotten around to trying to flash my bios. But it keeps telling me NO MGA Card found? I am thinking maybe this card just up and died? That really bites if thats the case because unfortunately its an OEM which means no warranty. Ah well... If anyone has any other suggestions im all ears. I have already checked out GBM's site for recovering dead bios but it looks as if I might be stuck. Thanks..

------------------

Comment

Get in touch with Matrox tech support anyway. I've seen them support OEM boards in the past, and you may get lucky.

Paul
            paulcs@flashcom.net

Comment

Paul is giving good advice. AFAIK, all G400's come with a mfr. warranty. The only thing different is tech support won't support OEM (of course I may be totally wrong).

Rags

Comment

How is long is the Matrox warranty on these cards? Im hoping you guys are right and Matrox will replace the card. That would be great!!

------------------

Comment

I think it's three years....not real sure though. I do know it's at least a year.

Rags

Comment

Reseat the card,
                    reseat the card,
                    reseat the card.
                    Then try again...

Comment

gbm,

I tried doing that...at least 3 times. I dont think thats the issue since I dont get the no-video beeps from my mb when I power up. Anyway I emailed Matrox tech support and they told me that they will do an RMA (I never did tell them I had a OEM card) so I hope they do honor warranties on OEM cards. But hell that was all you could get when I bought this card so Im thinking everything should work out. Thanks for all the help guys.

------------------

Comment

Working...
                      X