Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G400 New User Question

Hi all,

Just got my g400 today to replace my ati xpert 128 16M, the 2d image quality is the best i've ever seen (i usually work with director and some illustrator, so this is important to me). Anyways, got a couple question for you guys.

1. When I run MGATweak I notice the PLL is at 239.14... my graphics and memory clock is at 119.57 and 159.43? Isn't it suppose to me 125 and 166? Is there something wrong with my card???

2. I'm using the 1.625 BIOS with Windows NT 4. How can I overclock the card in the BIOS w/o using MGATweak? I heard some of you talking about this but have no idea how to do it.

Law

What kind of G400 do you have? What version of MGATweak?

As far as I know the PLL reading should be 252.00, and the core/memory/warp 126.00/168.00/126.00 respectively.

Check out your cards o/c possibilities thouroghly in MGATweak before you do the BIOS thingy.
    And don´t forget the SGRAM optimizations, they may be crucial to the degreee of o/c your card will take, not necessarily slowing timings down to get higher clock speeds. My card worked the other way around: speedier timings gave substantial o/c headroom.

rbnk

Comment

I got the SH g400 32m...it's an oem and i'm not sure if they use cheaper components with oem cards. It uses four Samsung chips for the memory...and I went to Samsung's website to look for the datasheet of the chip and found that my card uses SDRAM instead of SGRAM. I am now using MGATweak 1.2 build 018...and for some reason it just show 120/160. I'm not familiar with o/c video cards so I need some help here...what does the clock divider do? and where should i start with MGATweak?

Comment

Well, if you´ve downloaded the MGATweak you should have the MGATweak.pdf - file. Read it!
        And visit the MGA Tools section of these fora.
        As for the SDRAM version of G400 I don´t know what to expect in terms of o/c. If 7 ns mem, there may not be much headroom, if 6 ns things might be better.

rubank

Comment

I'm afraid you're card is supposed to run at that speed. Those are the normal values for sdram models.

------------------
          ------------
          ------

Comment

They are 6ns SDRAM...hopefully i get some more out of it. Going to stick with this card until the g800...is it going to make it before christmas?

Comment

Try raising it a 260 PLL value, and see how it behaves after playing for a while.

Well, if you have a low processor, o´c doesn´t matter very much anyways...

------------------
              "I wish I was a witch...
              ...to shove my broomstick right up your *ss."

Celeron 433@468Mhz; Intel Atlanta 440LX@72 FSB; 128 Mb SDRAM PC100; Soundblaster PCI 128; Matrox G400 16Mb AGP@146Mhz + fan; 4.3Gb Western Digital Caviar; Iomega internal 100Mb Zip drive; Sony HMD-A200 17" Trinitron

Comment

Working...
              X