Pal to NTSC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pal to NTSC

Is there any way to transfer video from Pal to Ntsc system using my Matrox Rainbow Runner Card?

I would also like to know if there is any way to get NTSC to PAL with my DC30+

( sorry for jumping on your bandwagon fawlty )

Pooh
    ASUS P4S533, P4 2.53Ghz, 1.25Gb PC2700, 40Gb System HD 120Gb AV HD, WinXp Pro

Comment

You can convert in realtime by setting your TV output to be NTSC. Run VideoTools and set the input signal to PAL. The output should now be NTSC

Comment

I tried doing that, but it tells me that it doesn't recognize the PAL signal. I guess I need to have a VCR that can play PAL in order to do that.

Comment

If it is a PAL tape you have to put it into a PAL VCR to get the 50Hz 625 line picture with the colour carrier at 4.43MHz. Whereas if you put a PAL tape into a NTSC VCR you get 60Hz but the lines don't match up and the colour carrier will be at 3.58MHz so this will confuse Video Tools.

Salacious

Comment

FAO Pooh
            The DC30+ doesn't let you specify the output of the video. It will be the signal type of the recorded signal.
            To get the signal into PAL you would have to change the video signal size (704x480 to 704x576) and throw away 1/6 of the fields.
            I personally would MPEG-2 encode it as NTSC and use my dxr2 to output in PAL.

Salacious

Comment

Thanks salacious for all your help!

Comment

Working...
              X