Win 2K - DVD Region Free? How...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Win 2K - DVD Region Free? How...

I was wondering if any of you great MURC gurus out there knew of any really good ways to get unlimited use of DVD region 1,2,4 in Win 2000 Professional? I would greatly appreciate any help.

Thnx.

Lotsa different variations and options. First, your DVD Drive should be properly identified. The newer "RPC2" compliant models will have to have their firmware hacked. If you have an older (RPC1) drive, the rest of the region issues are handled with registry hacks.

Check out the info at www.digital-digest.com for the various hacks--depending on your software.

If you want more info from here, you'll need to post back in with a complete listing of your hardware & software.
    Greebe's juiced up Athlon @750 on an MSI Irongate Based M/B Marvel G200 TV with HW/DVD Daughtercard,
    CDBurner, Creative DVD, two big WD Hdds, Outboard 56K modem
    Parallel Port Scanner, Creative S/B AWE 64 (ISA), and a new Logitech WebCam (My first USB device)

Comment

Have a search around for a program called 'DVD Genie', I think that should be able to help you out.

Comment

there is a somewhat annoying solution where you have to restart Win2k if you want to change the region key more than one time... Its the only one I know of and DVD-Genie uses it... look at http://faq.inmatrix.com for a tutorial... BTW it still works with SP1 installed.

Comment

Thnx Guys!

All of your info was great in helping me with my problem.

Lotsa Love,
          Qeteb

Comment

Working...
          X