Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If I update my G400´s bios to 1.09 (latest release), ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If I update my G400´s bios to 1.09 (latest release), ...

...will I lose my bios overclocking?

------------------
    "I wish I was a witch...
    ...to shove my broomstick right up your *ss."

Celeron 433 o/c´d to 459Mhz; Intel Atlanta 440LX o/c´d to 70.7 FSB (BIOS Rev. 14); 128 Mb SDRAM PC100; Soundblaster PCI 128; Matrox G400 16 Mb AGP at 146 Mhz + fan, o/c´d BIOS, 348 Mhz RAMDAC (thanx Hunsow); 4.3 Gb Western Digital Caviar; Iomega internal 100Mb Zip drive; Sony HMD-A200 17" Trinitron

Nope

------------------
    ------------
    ------

Comment

Olá Alec

If I was to you I wouldn´t touch bios overclocking. Much less RAMDAC overclocking. With a sony 17´´ you´ll NEVER would reach the limits of a 300Mhz RAMDAC.

I use powerstrip to oc. I launch it before I play a game and 95% of the time, I run my G400 at default speeds. I don´t really think 126/168 or 150/200 will make my IE or Word scroll any faster at 1024x768x32...

Just my opinion.

E diverte-te lá com a G400, é uma bomba comparada com a G200, não é?

[This message has been edited by Nuno (edited 31 August 2000).]

Comment

Thank you, Hunsow. I read your page, breathed deep, and flashed the BIOS. However, I used the CD files, and the BIOS, which was already updated to 1.6, reverted to 1.5. Now, if it´s worth it, I´d like to update it again, but without losing the overclocking.

Olá, Nuno! Essas férias?
        A G400 é uma bomba!
        Já fiz o overclocking, correu bem. A RAMDAC foi por arrasto, eu sei que não precisava, a não ser que tivesse um monitor de 24 polegadas!!!

Assim, quando eu trocar de motherboard e de processador, já tenho uma placa gráfica de jeito, e que, com overclocking, me dê resposta a altas velocidades, porque com um 460 Mhz a diferença é pequena. É que não gosto de programas residentes na memória.

Obrigado na mesma.
        Xau...

------------------
        "I wish I was a witch...
        ...to shove my broomstick right up your *ss."

Celeron 433 o/c´d to 459Mhz; Intel Atlanta 440LX o/c´d to 70.7 FSB (BIOS Rev. 14); 128 Mb SDRAM PC100; Soundblaster PCI 128; Matrox G400 16 Mb AGP at 146 Mhz + fan, o/c´d BIOS, 348 Mhz RAMDAC (thanx Hunsow); 4.3 Gb Western Digital Caviar; Iomega internal 100Mb Zip drive; Sony HMD-A200 17" Trinitron

Comment

Exactly, the beauty of bios overclocking is that you never have to worry about it again. And while you're there, it takes about two seconds changing the RAMDAC limit as well, so why not? Perhaps in the future there will be a 22" monitor connected to that card. Launching a seperate tool is a hassle, and you're never quite sure if it's working. All I know is that I have a MAX for the price of a vanilla G400, and it only takes about ten minutes to do it.

------------------
          ------------
          ------

Comment

Right !!!

Comment

Working...
            X