Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just love my new A7V and G400max

Hello people!
    for about 1,5 years i have an Asus P5a and Marvel G200, i brought a new G400max, i thought that it was the G200 which gave me so mutch problems, but g400max did it too!
    After some time i want to upgrade, and i brought an Asus A7V and a Thunderbird 750mhz!
    this configuration runs like WARM APPLE PIE!
    i love my new hardware!

Go on fok's buy this, and you will get a good system!

*kUmSE*
    Athlon Thunderbird@ 918mhz
    128 megs ram PC133
    Asus A7V
    G400MAX (not o/c)
    Eizo F55s
    PLexwriter + Ultraplex cd-drive!
    SCSI hd's...

Got one on the way.

Joel
    Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
    Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Comment

I just got my a7v and Tbird 800 yesterday, it runs like a charm and so far I have had no problems whatsoever.
      System:
      Asus A7V rev. 1.01p bios 1011
      AMD Thunderbird 800
      SBLive retail with liveware 3.0
      Matrox g400 MAX pd 6.51
      LG Flatron 795FT 17" monitor
      IBM 13.5 GB 7200 hdd
      Pioneer 106-s dvdrom
      WinME
      directx 8.0a
      384mb pc133

Comment

Originally posted by kumse:
        like WARM APPLE PIE!

Mcdonald's or homemade??
        ------------------

[This message has been edited by Strahd (edited 16 August 2000).]
        #1 DRILL SERGEANT PICK-UP LINE

"You make me hornier before 9 AM than most
        people do all day!"

Comment

I'll have to agree with you there kumse I love my A7V and t-bird. extremely stable.

Dave

btw-In case any of you didn't know,there is a A7V resource page and forum at http://a7v.insanehardware.com
          Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Maybe it's the warm apple pie from American Pie - Hell I don't even want to go there!
            What do you want a signature for?

Comment

I will have to agree with you there, faultless... well... almost...

I have yet to kick it out of AGPx1 mode and into AGPx2 (i'm not bothered about x4).

I've tried the MGA tweek, the third party one and such. My registry says it is x2 but SANDRA and WinCPUID says x1. Ideas A7Vers? (Win98SE, VIA 4.12)

robert.

P.S. 3DMark2000 says 2920 (G400DH vanilla).
              --
              Robert Hodkinson, SF nut, Sound nut and a Render-head.
              reply email is bag.it@ntlworld.com
              The only 'wave shape', I want to see, is on the beach.

Comment

I agree and so do some others. Check out the following thread.

forums.murc.ws/ubb/Forum3/HTML/002229.html

Joel
                Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
                Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Comment

Well, I just bought an A7V and an Athlon 800. I have a G200 (yes, I know this is old), and I found out that Powerdesk 5.52 doesn't work with this motherboard/chipset/whatever, EITHER. (My previous experience was with a Socket 7 motherboard with the MVP3 chipset)

I think Matrox should spend some time to get their drivers to work with non-Intel systems.

I'm currently using Powerdesk 5.20

Comment

There are some known probs with the 5.x drivers and VIA chipsets. Upgrade to 6.x for better results. btw-I ran my G200 and G400 on an ALi chipset mobo for a long time without any REAL problems. The problem lies with teh VIA chipset.

Dave
                    Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Well, I really wish that Matrox would fix these "known problems," especially for for a final release (5.52, or whatever for the G200), as there are quite a few motherboards with VIA chipsets. (including three that I own )

Comment

I've got MSI K7PRO, Slot A 700Mhz Thunderbird and G400 SH 16MB for 2 months now. Only thing that I can say is ROCK SOLID! in my previous system (Asus P2-99 + Cel300A + G400 SH) i had all kind of problems. But now I have kept going 2 weeks all day long. Not a even one crash!
                        "Dippadai"

Comment

Working...
                        X