Direct 3D and other problems with G200TV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Direct 3D and other problems with G200TV

I'm stumped. I've spent the better part of 2 days troubleshooting this one. Here's where I am.

System: P3 667 (coppermine), Asus P34VX Motherboard, 256Mb RAM, SB Live, Matrox G200 TV AGP. Formatted drive, clean install of Win98 (version 1), then used Windowsupdate to add SR1 patch, and DirectX 7.0a. I installed the latest drivers from Matrox.

The problem started when I tried to run a game (Half-Life) in Open GL. Turns out after many system lockups that the game will only run in software rendered mode.

A test of DirectX causes my machine to lock up while running the Direct3D test (spinning cube is fine in software).

That's where I'm at now. System appears to be running fine, but I can't run games in Open GL, which I have for the last almost 2 years with no problem.

I think it's DirectX 7.0a, as this is one of the few differences. If I knew how to uninstall DirectX and try an older version (7.0?) that might help.

Any of this sound familiar to anyone here?

Thanks in advance.
    P3 1GHz, 512Mb RAM (PC133), Asus CU4VX motherboard (VIA Chipset), Matrox Marvel G200, DiamondMax Plus 30.0Gb 7200rpm ATA100, Tekram SCSI UW controller, SCSI Zip drive, Creative 12X PCDVD, Yamaha 8824 CDRW

2 things :

1- stay away from the 5.55 drivers. Go back to the 5.41 with respective video tools

2- Be sure to have the latest 4 in 1 patch from VIA installed

Comment

Belated thanks for the above advice. IT WORKED!!!

I have never been so stumped lately as with the problem I described. Updating the Motherboard drivers and shifting back to 5.41 Powerdesk has made my machine run well again.

Thanks again, Zwisch.

K
      P3 1GHz, 512Mb RAM (PC133), Asus CU4VX motherboard (VIA Chipset), Matrox Marvel G200, DiamondMax Plus 30.0Gb 7200rpm ATA100, Tekram SCSI UW controller, SCSI Zip drive, Creative 12X PCDVD, Yamaha 8824 CDRW

Comment

Working...
      X