Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G800?

This just popped up in my mind...

nvidia announced that the NV20 won't be released until DX8 is.

the g800 supports DX8. will matrox release it when DX8 is out officially?

If so, then early next year is when we can expect it =(

Well Thought that DX8 was coming out this year sometime between now and Christmas. I think Nivida is saying this just to cover their asses since they are now starting to feel the pinch of the six month product cycle. If you think about it the from the Geforce to Geforce 2 GTS to Geforce 2 Ultra, the there hasn't been a major change (just refinements) as with the Geforce from the TNT. All the other changes are just die srinks and faster frequences...nothing major...its just like the Pentium 2/3(non-coppermine chips)...faster frequences and the addition of SSE. This time between when the now and the NV20 comes out is when someone needs to strike back and take the crown away from nividia. My guess it will be ATI with a dual chip Raedeon product, then maybe Matrox with the G800 or even 3dfx with the Rampage product thats supposed to come out Christmas time.

Scott

------------------
    Abit BH6 with a Celeron 2-566@877mhz,128mb RAM,G400 MAX,SB Live!, Optiquest V95 19in montor, Asus 40x CD-ROM, Aopen 5x DVD-ROM,HP9110i 8x4x32 CD-RW,SupraMax 56k modem, Win2000 on a WD 13 GB HDD, Win98 SE on Western Digital 30.7GB DOA....

Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

I'd have to agree that the difference between a Geforce 2 and Geforce 2 ultra is nothing more than clock frequency increases for both core and memory.

But the difference between the original Geforce and Geforce 2 is far larger,there are at least 5 extra features that the Gf2 is capable of that the original Geforce can't.

The real problem is that no game is even close to pushing the limits of the original Geforce,let alone the Geforce2.

And i bet it'll take at least another year(at the least)before most of the new features available on cutting edge video cards(that includes the G800)will be fully taken advantage of.
      note to self...

Assumption is the mother of all f***ups....

Primary system :
      P4 2.8 ghz,1 gig DDR pc 2700(kingston),Radeon 9700(stock clock),audigy platinum and scsi all the way...

Comment

Working...
      X