G450 DAC/MAVEN?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G450 DAC/MAVEN?

I recently heard that the G450 has the 2nd DAC on die (yeah I know I am way behind - this was in the announcement months ago!). Anyway does anyone know if this is still the MAVEN just shoved on or if there is a decent DAC? e.g. memory mapped (instead of i2c), overlays(or do those follow the first CRTC like the cursor?), vblanking and maybe some documentation.

Also how about hardware cursor on the second CRTC? Or at least split screen so it can be faked:-)

Just wondering if it is worth buying WRT a G400 - other than for "collector's value".

It would *have* to be memory-mapped, and I would be very disappointed if it didn't have a complete set of CRTC registers and a programmable CLUT, that were fully documented with the rest of the G450 registers.

Even so, there is such a large installed base of G400s, I wish Matrox would get round to releasing documentation for the Maven...

(An aside: though the latest Matrox xFree driver is supposed to support the G450, there's no mention of it whatsoever in the source.)

Comment

Working...
    X